GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the G4's to the test last night for a 5 hour ride with two bikes, 4 people connected.

These are the cats meow. Setup to connect the 4-way was pretty seamless and took under a minute. Clarity of all four people was great the entire trip and batteries lasted the whole ride with the girls talking the whole ride.

We have had the batteries last for a complete ten hour trip but with just us guys on, we're activating them much less.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
were all 4 off you connected, i.e. you didn't have to push buttons to switch communication between any of you?

·
Registered
647 Posts
How far apart could the two bikes get and still communicate with one another?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
498 Posts
My son and I have had them for over a year now and love them. We get pretty good distance but we seldom ride out of site of each other.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The G4 is the best bluetooth wireless out there at the moment. Love mine.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Women = 40,000 words spoken per day. :shock:
Men = 10,000 words spoken per day. :cool:

I would get two spare G4 sets for long trips. ;)

I have Q2 sets and love them. Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
were all 4 off you connected, i.e. you didn't have to push buttons to switch communication between any of you?
All four of us were in open communication with each other just without having to touch anything. Hands free and crystal clear just like we were sitting across the dinner table from each other.

I'm not seeing quite the distance Scala advertises for the G4's. Guessing, we probably get half a mile before they start to fade a little but I have no problems with that distance for what we do. I'd buy them again tomorrow if this set broke or got stolen.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Thanks, I have the Q2 Multiset, been very pleased with it. My buddy just got the G4, so I'm thinking of upgrading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts