GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you guys think YOU have scenery? Well, how 'bout this??!!

Yeah, pretty scenic huh? I can hear you all going "ooooh" and "aaaahhh" all the way from here....

(Unfortunately, this is what a LOT of West Australia is like, up North. We do have some very nice places, but they are often hundreds of kilometres apart. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to ride a bit further....)

(For curious Aussies, it's halfway along Burkett Rd, between North West Coastal Hwy and the Exmouth road)

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Look out! you're on the wrong side of the road!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Looks like a nice road to drive WOT, if you have the nerve that is.

I know for a fact that I couldn't resist the temptation. 8)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Close to sea level, straight and flat. Gotta see how fast it will go. Tim

·
Registered
168 Posts
What!!!!!!!! No Curves ???????

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have been lucky enough to have visited OZ many times over the years, I know that you Aussie's love to joke around but you do have a beautiful country "down-there". I loved riding around St Philip island and Queens Highway in the south hopefully I'll get to ride up near your area one day.

·
Registered
806 Posts
What no traffic lights ?? looks unsafe to me :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
No potholes, no tar snakes, no stripes, no signs, what's a guy gotta do to get that quality of pavement is good ol USA. That road looks like it was smoothed out for rollerblades. Sweet!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope you had a full tank of petrol when you started this stretch of road.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No trees where's a winger suppose to relieve himself. Someone could be watching you know.....

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Im heading over to Sydney and Canberra in Late November. I always feel for the most part like Im in the States when I visit Australia. One of the reason being its a modern country like the states.

·
Registered
238 Posts
In that terrain at least you can easily see the Kangaroos before they reach the road. :idea:

W

·
0 Posts
WestOzWing,

Don't let anyone critcize your roads down there mate, home is were the heart is.

I'm sure there are roads this flat somewhere here in the states also.

·
Registered
21,049 Posts
how much is a gallon of gas over there ?

we talked to a large group of Ausies one year that had shipped their Harleys to California so they could ride to Sturgis, they seemed pretty impressed with the scenery here but they didn't appreciate the cold at some of the hi altitudes, they seemed like very nice folks

·
Registered
400 Posts
It seems that I've been on roads like this before. It wasn't in oregons west side of the mountains, it's Green here. :lol: Where is it located??

·
Registered
703 Posts
For an F-15 pilot at 50' AGL doing MACH 2, this is beautiful scenery.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts