GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a cross country trip. I noticed when leaving Cody, WY heading east toward Black Hills of SD there appears to several routes available. Which route is the most scenic or interesting to ride? Thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Insureguy, . . . . our motorcycle group will be in Cody the night of 7 August, and we will be leaving that next morning for Custer, S. Dakota for the famous Sturgis Bike Week. We will go east to Greybull, then south on 31 to Ten Sleep. From there we will go over Powder River Pass at 9666 ft :D (hwy 16) to Buffalo. Then hit I-90 and continue east to Custer.

When are you making your trip :?: On our return trip home to Spokane, we will take alt 14 from Sheridan over to Powell, then north to Red Lodge, Montana, then over the fabulous BearTooth Pass, 10,947ft, into the northeast entrance to Yellowstone. We are hitting every high pass and twistie road we can possibly make. :D

Have fun on your trip and ride safe and often. :biker:

·
Registered
16 Posts
All routes across the Bighorns are equally nice. But for something interesting try Wright Wyo. to route #450 into Newcastle Wyo. this has the huge mining cranes operating out on the 'Thunder Basin' open pit Coal mines.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Scenic rides

Thanks for the question as I hope to get out that way myself in the future. I have never been able to do a western ride and this question helps me make plans for the future. Thanks Snazzy for the route you plan to use. I have heard about the 10 sleeps valley but didn't know where it is. Now I can trace out your route and find it on a good map. Appreciate the info. Gene Lechmaier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts