GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any news about Schroaders Honda Located in NC. I sent them my valve covers to have the chromed and now I can not get anyone to answer there phones there. I sure hope they have not went out of business. If anyone is located in NC could check this out for me, it sure would set my mind at ease. I would make an awlful sad Christmas for me to learn my valve covers have disappeared--Larry

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
ClosetChef is in the same town. Maybe he could check it out for you. Give him a call, you never know.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Larry,

Closet Chef's store is within a mile or so of Schroeders. I would bet that he could do a follow up for you.

Chef is a good guy, all you have to do is ask.

Bulldog

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
All I can tell you about Schroaders is that they are closed on a couple of weird days. They are closed Saturdays and one other day during the week! That might be the problem!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Just called there myself and got no answer. So, I decided to take a quick run over and see what was up. Yep, closed for the holidays. From Dedember 22, until January 3. How's that for HDL service?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I buy all of my bikes from Schroader's. My local dealers always refuse to deal and are *thousands* of dollars more expensive than Schroader's....

I can just show up unannounced and need a part, or some minor work, and they always find a way to fit me in or get the part. If Terry doesn't have the part in stock, he's taken it off of a Wing in his showroom before so that he could get me fixed up right then.... In my book, their "service" is second to none.

Let the poor guy take a few days off. If you need to mail-order something, call HDL, but don't slam Schroader's just because they take a few days off at Christmas. :roll:

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
fastgriz....Is Terry your Brother? LOL!! I didn't see a slam at all from the original poster. He was worried about his covers and wanted to know why he could not get ahold of Schroaders! Now he knows! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
anyone know if Schroaders is doing a chrome exchange for the timing cover?

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Blue_Knight said:
Let me know if you find someone who does it. The only thing I have found is a 'chrome plastic' one from VP Accessories. This is a photo from their website ( it has a bit of reflection from the front fender in the photo )

The price is right....only $29.95

Anyone own one of these??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Blue_Knight said:
Sloan's Honda in Murfreesboro was at Wings Over The Smokes and they had valve covers, wheels and timing cover chromed on a exchange bases. I guess they still care them. Here's a link to their web site.

http://www.sloansmotorcycle.com/mapto.cfm?pg=mapto

Panther

·
Registered
27 Posts
Red said:
fastgriz....Is Terry your Brother? LOL!! I didn't see a slam at all from the original poster. He was worried about his covers and wanted to know why he could not get ahold of Schroaders! Now he knows! :)
He's my soul brother! :lol:

I took ClosetChef's post to be a slam, sorry if I misunderstood.

"Yep, closed for the holidays. From Dedember 22, until January 3. How's that for HDL service?"

It's even funnier considering that minutes later, HDL announced that they were taking a lot of vacation. :wink:

I should have just kept my mouth shut since I'm usually just a lurker here, but I felt the need to defend the only motorcycle dealer I've ever met who made me feel like he valued my business..... Most motorcycle shops I've dealt with act is if they're doing me a favor by deigning to sell me something. (I've never dealt with HDL (yet), but from the posts here, it sounds like they're top notch too).

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
fastgriz.....Since Terry is your "Soul Brother", maybe you have the answer to this. LOL!! Why won't Terry accept a bank check or a cashiers check for his bikes and still discount them? He will deal in cash only if you want his advertised prices! I ask him about that and he didn't give me a answer. It's not real smart to carry $18,000 in cash 1,000+ miles to buy a motorcycle. Can't tell me he doesn't trust the checks cause he is still holding the title of origin for the bikes he sells! :(

Does Terry own the shop or is he still just a employee? I thought Mom still owned the shop?

Sorry Bro, I still can't read a slam into Chef's post either. He did someone a service and drove a few miles over to Shroaders to see what was happening. Chef ask the question, "How's That For HDL Service?". I'd say that was pretty darn nice of him to take the time and trouble to do that for someone.

Chef "Isn't" HDL! He just works for HDL! LOL....
Griz...If I see you at Shroaders some day, I'll buy the coffee! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Red said:
fastgriz.....Since Terry is your "Soul Brother", maybe you have the answer to this. LOL!! Why won't Terry accept a bank check or a cashiers check for his bikes and still discount them? He will deal in cash only if you want his advertised prices! I ask him about that and he didn't give me a answer.

No clue. I paid for one with a personal check. His mom frowned at me and said "that's not cash", I blinked and said that its not credit either it doesn't cost you anything to take it, then we got on with the paperwork....

I financed part of my GL1800 with Honda's 2.9% financing and paid the balance with a credit card, they didn't give me any grief over that although I would have been happy to pay the ~3% discount fee that it costs to use a CC.

Does Terry own the shop or is he still just a employee? I thought Mom still owned the shop?
I have no clue who owns it, he certainly is the guy who makes things happen.

Sorry Bro, I still can't read a slam into Chef's post either. He did someone a service and drove a few miles over to Shroaders to see what was happening. Chef ask the question, "How's That For HDL Service?". I'd say that was pretty darn nice of him to take the time and trouble to do that for someone.
I didn't know that Chef was HDL. My bad. I'll shut up now :oops:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Fastgriz,

You can't just walk away. Cmon back and join in. Get some skin thickener and hang out. Lots of great stuff on the board, and I am sure that you have contributions to make.

If you like Schroeder's, I love em. But I would never personally buy from them. A lot better deals are out there, than Terry or his Mom has ever offered me.

Stick around Dude. This place can be fun!

Bulldog

·
Registered
846 Posts
I believe Mom (Catherine)Schroader is still the manager and they are closed for Hanakah, not Christmas. Her son Terry is the owner. Its funny but I've never heard of any motorcycle dealer being closed on a Saturday. I would imagine that would be the busiest day for a bike shop. They are open on Sunday, but only for like 3 hours.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I believe they are closed on Saturday and go to church and they are closed Wednesday also.

Hey Bulldog, better price isn't always a better deal!! I got a dealer in South Carolina to beat Terry's price but the service I got was a bad deal, as in none. Treated me like an idiot over ecm and wasn't concerned about doing it for me, said they never heard of the problem from anyone else and that they didn't sell many wings. When MH finally came out with the truth they said they had about 50 they had to do and they would put me on list, they would do 2 a week?? Is that a deal? I would wait 6months to fix an 03 wing after sending them 3 other customers..........?? I have always heard good things about the folks at Schroaders but I did business locally because my business is 1/4 mile down the road. Well my next Honda will be down the road and over the state line at Schroaders you can bet on that!

H

·
0 Posts
I think Chef's comment had more to do with the fact that he took a ride over there to check it out for you when he could have just done nothing.

P.S. Our warehouse is closed but the dealerships will be open as usual except for Christmas Day and New Years Day.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts