GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked previously but didn't get any responses that helped. Does ANYONE CURRENTLY have a 2018+ Goldwing and using a Schuberth helmet (C4, C4Pro, etc) with the SC1 (Sena) Bluetooth communications modules?

I currently own a C3 Pro which I love (best helmet I've ever owned) and using a J&M BT-03 wireless headset. I own a 2018 DCT Tour and have Carplay and a stock CB radio. When I ride alone, all is well. Streaming music, nav instructions, Waze warnings, etc. Add a co-rider tho and all bets are off. As soon as an intercom conversation is started, the music (i.e. carplay) just goes away (not to return until phone is unplugged and reset at the next stop). The helmet is getting a bit old (they say replace every five years right?) and I am salivating over the C4 Pro Carbon (which you can't even get right now). I LOVE the idea of an integrated comms system, but WILL IT WORK???

There will be drawbacks if I go this route (1. I don't think the sound quality of the Sena is going to be near as good as my J&M. 2) I won't be able to use my (very expensive) Fit-Ear ear buds). But the combo of that carbon helmet and integrated comms is compelling.

IS ANYONE CURRENTLY using this set up with THIS bike and able to comment on how well it does or does not work? I would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are definitely differences between models, but to be clear, I have a C3 PRO, not a C3. And I'm looking at a C4 PRO, not a C4. they have different shapes. But you're right, there may be a difference between a C3 Pro and a C4 Pro. I'm really not in much of a rush (because honestly, I don't think I'm gonna get what I'm looking for in terms of comms) so I may wait until I can try one on (maybe the DC IMS in January).

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
475 Posts
Can't speak to the SC1 but can tell you the SRC units in our C3's worked like crap, ended up taking them out and putting in PackTalk bold units and now problem free.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a C4 with SC1 and had no trouble pairing it to the bike. I am a solo rider and can't comment on features involving a second unit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound quality? Carplay?

I have a C4 with SC1 and had no trouble pairing it to the bike. I am a solo rider and can't comment on features involving a second unit.
GRB, so far you are the only one here that is actually using the integrated C4 with SC1 with the wing (that has responded). How would you rate the sound quality? Also, do you use Carplay?

thanks,

Matt

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I also have a C4Pro with a SC1Advanced. Pairing to my wing is not an issue. I can use the intercom and still hear the sound system or use the CB. The CB will take priority. I have not used Carplay but listen to Sirus/XM as well as a USB drive and the sound is clear.
One of the biggest problems with headsets is people do not take the time to properly line up the speakers with your ear cannel.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had an SRC unit that I could not get to work despite calls to mother Honda and Schubert’s. This was Feb 2018. Got a Sena and no problems since. I do not have any insight into the SR1 connectivity.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I had an SRC unit that I could not get to work despite calls to mother Honda and Schubert’s. This was Feb 2018. Got a Sena and no problems since. I do not have any insight into the SR1 connectivity.

Good Luck!
the SRC is Scala based the SC1 is Sena

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the C4Pro and SCI and works just fine. The only complaint I have is the SC1 will start searching for an intercom when I have used the button on the dash to start a phone call this is really irritating when trying to listen to someone on the phone. Other then that I really like the set up I have A HJC Imax with the Sena 20 set up and the SCI C4 Pro works just as well. I very satisfied with the fit and finish of the helmet and placement of the microphones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It seems that others with SC1 have chimed in. With my setup sound is just fine. I do use Carplay and it also works fine.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Between Scala's SRC for the C3/C3Pro and BMW's crappy Bluetooth on the early K1600s I had sworn off wireless headsets until 3 years ago. At that time I figured out how to interface a J&M CB to a Freewire. I have not used a wired headset since. The Goldwing Bluetooth and communication system is much clearer then the 2014 and earlier BMW system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd like to resurrect this thread for a minute. I have a Schuberth C4 with the SC1 headset installed. I have it paired with my phone, and the phone paired with the bike, but I can't seem to pair the headset directly with the bike. I have the Owner Manual. Do I pair the headset with the bike using the "Second Phone Pairing" method or something else.

If you guys who are using it can tell me the steps to get the headset paired with the bike I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd like to resurrect this thread for a minute. I have a Schuberth C4 with the SC1 headset installed. I have it paired with my phone, and the phone paired with the bike, but I can't seem to pair the headset directly with the bike. I have the Owner Manual. Do I pair the headset with the bike using the "Second Phone Pairing" method or something else.

If you guys who are using it can tell me the steps to get the headset paired with the bike I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.
I use the same setup but you dont have to pair headset to your phone. just pair headset as mobile phone to the bike, dont pair phone to bike just plug it in the bike and car play will work everytime flawlessly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts