GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have yet again been trying helmets for summer riding, and always come back to the Aria Ram II or now the new Xtend i don't particularly like the fit of the new xtend range,from Aria.

A helmet i am always drawn to is the Schuberth JI but i don't like the way the visor does not go all the way up whilst riding visor less. I do like the little sun visor though.
I also am not a fan of the helmet fastener always had double D rings but i suppose you get use to it.

Here are my questions.....

J1 are they any Good ?
JI re ventilation on hot days ?
JI re noise ?
JI re comfort?
J1 re visor mist? (there is a shorter urban visor i am told? any good?)
J1 re best headsets (not blue tooth i dislike bluetooth with a passion)

And BIG concern (Can you fit headsets and mic) I think the foam will have to be cut away and the material would need sticking back? I always used the J&M elites on my Aria's but the boom is way to short for the J1 even with the extended boom the mic only comes to the side of your face.I see Edsets has fitted some with longer mic booms to the J1 you have to have a module on side of helmet (not sure about that) Anyone fitted headsets? Advice please.

So any help would be good.......:lol:

thank's

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well, Ya may want to consider a SENA head set. It's reasonably priced(Mine was 299.95 with shipping). It works and fits almost any helmet. It is bluetooth and one can talk to multiable units up to 900 meters(1/2 mile) away.
I really like mine and it was very easy to install. I have a Nolan N43 Trilogy.
I replaced the standared N-com set up I had with the Nolan with the SENA unit for both my Bride and mine helments.
It's stereo and very clear and it works with all of the gagets that we use today i.e.,mp3,cell phone,gps,etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My wife and I have the J1s with Edsets fitted. Was a bit of a struggle and I had to nearly take the helmets to bits. Some problems with the earphones moving around a bit but solved by putting them under the lining.
I love the all round vision of the J1. Bit of a chore to take the chinbar off. Reasonably quiet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Ya may want to consider a SENA head set. It's reasonably priced(Mine was 299.95 with shipping). It works and fits almost any helmet. It is bluetooth and one can talk to multiable units up to 900 meters(1/2 mile) away.
I really like mine and it was very easy to install. I have a Nolan N43 Trilogy.
I replaced the standared N-com set up I had with the Nolan with the SENA unit for both my Bride and mine helments.
It's stereo and very clear and it works with all of the gagets that we use today i.e.,mp3,cell phone,gps,etc.
Hi thanks but we have tried the sena sets and they dont do it for us i dislike bluetooth the quality is poor and the charging up every day is just not for me.
I am hoping that we can sort some hard wired kits for the JI
:thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife and I have the J1s with Edsets fitted. Was a bit of a struggle and I had to nearly take the helmets to bits. Some problems with the earphones moving around a bit but solved by putting them under the lining.
I love the all round vision of the J1. Bit of a chore to take the chinbar off. Reasonably quiet.
Yes the photos strips on the edsets website show its a bit of a job but with the mic in the right place, and they cut some polystyrene out also slotted the speaker cables in and then re glued the fabric it looked a real nice fit though after the effort.If i was Stateside i would defo pay the $55 and have Ed do it as it says in the site.

Do you get good quality audio and music through the speakers or is it tinny and poor?

and what mic did you install was it the condenser mic like the BMW?
any pic;s?

cheers

·
Registered
137 Posts
Have you considered the C3? I love mine and it is all set to go with headsets. They also offer a bluetooth adapter that is built into the helemt padding. I've got that as well and love the helmet. My only complaint is that is scratches fairly easily. The C3 fits well, is light, quiet, and has the bluetooth option. Those are the big advantages.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you considered the C3? I love mine and it is all set to go with headsets. They also offer a bluetooth adapter that is built into the helemt padding. I've got that as well and love the helmet. My only complaint is that is scratches fairly easily. The C3 fits well, is light, quiet, and has the bluetooth option. Those are the big advantages.
Hi
Yes we have used C3 helmets/but really want a open face and again as i say we just do not like bluetooth much prefer the hard wire better sound, no connection lost,no fiddling pressing buttons on side of helmet, and best of all no having to plug in and charge up. But we do have lots of friends who like bluetooth its each to their own.

There is rumour of a J2 but maybe that was just wishful thinking on the UK M/C press?

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts