GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
Saturday afternoon 9-10-2011 the SO and I went to Pearrygin Lake near Winthrop,WA for a couple of nights dragging the Roll A Home.
Here is the situation: Entering the Community of Newhalem at 35mph (Posted) I hear this SLOOOW steadly increasing Screeeeeeching sound.
All kinds of thoughts pass thru my brain, Front bearings,Final drive,Clutch,
Tranny, Trailer Bearings. CRAP! TRIP OVER. Thank God for extended Warranty. Should I keep riding to the next turn off to Housing area?
Soon as I got to an intersection I pulled over and now it ( The screeching was even Louder). SO says "it's a siren" Thats no damn siren I have ever heard before. Almost like a hand cranked device. Finally it stopped and we went on our way. Saw NO Emergency vehicles.
Timmer is the Dam Man so maybe he can explain why this type of Siren.
Time wize I looked at the Honda Dash clock and it read 1:56pm. Was it break time.? Sure brought unwanted thoughts to my mind what ever the reason.
The trip to Pearrygin was great with no other incidences. The Meat Loaf
House Specialty at 3 Fingered Jacks in Winthrop was the Best we had ever had (Meatloaf) who would have thought. We split this meal for $18.00. She had French frys and I had a Baked potato in replacement of a salad. Sure beat the crappy Burger dip she had for lunch last year.:lol:
Hope you all had a great Summer. Lotsa riding to do yet. Keep it upright.
David
HondaMortch

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Loud screeching sounds are typically a brake or bearing dragging. If your SO diagnosed it as a siren (could have been the end of the lunch hour in a structured work community) and the sound was there when you were stopped, and the rest of the trip was uneventful, I'd probably not be concerned.

I camped at Pearrygin in early August while doing the WABDR dual sport ride. It's a delightful place to stay. I ate at the Duck Brand Inn on the patio outside and it was wonderful.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Close by volunteer FD? Like Tim said, Never happened again I wouldn't worry either. We camped @ Pearrygin in August also. Dam (for you Tim) near took out a deer on our way to town.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts