GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 stock screen. When you raise it up you have 4 clicks when it goes up. After 4th click I can still raise it a bit more before I lock it down.
Is this OK? It's still not high enough so I was thinking about the F4+2. Do I measure from the 4th click for height or from where it finally stops. Might be a dumb question but I was told the dumb one was the one I did not ask. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Won't damage anything that I am aware of having it locked at the top height. I examined mine when I had everything apart wondering the same thing. Does lose a bit of additional shield down in the fairing for bottom support for flexing resistance, but otherwise seemed good to go. May have an issue if you hit a hard bump the shield may slide down though.

Regarding the F4+2 - best thing to do is give the company a call. I've got the F4+4 because I'm a fairly tall rider. The company is good on customer service, and will discuss the pro's and con's with the various styles with you to help you make your choice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a Corbin made for my bike...I told them my knees hurt due to the angle my legs were on the pegs. Asked them if I could get the inch they said I was going to be lowered back...So I sit a tad higher now. Knees love it but now all the wind smacks me right in the helmet and it's NOISY!!! If I dip my head just a little it get's a lot quieter. I was thinking +2 and am now going to assume I might want to measure from the highest click itself rather that the highest point I can lock it in.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I had a Corbin made for my bike...I told them my knees hurt due to the angle my legs were on the pegs. Asked them if I could get the inch they said I was going to be lowered back...So I sit a tad higher now. Knees love it but now all the wind smacks me right in the helmet and it's NOISY!!! If I dip my head just a little it get's a lot quieter. I was thinking +2 and am now going to assume I might want to measure from the highest click itself rather that the highest point I can lock it in.
When I first purchased my wing I took the windscreen all the up and locked it down it will not hurt a thing. The measurements are just taken from stock ws plus or minus from top. A new wing shield is a personal thing and to each his own. I have had both the F4+4 and tulsa ex tall and would only run the tulsa to keep all the wing, rain elements, ect. off me and passenger and have not seen another windshield for me affordable on the market.do a search to see other opinions there are a lot. Look At photos of all , the f4 gos straight up as stock and tulsa sweeps back with lines of bike.
good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
From your description (and your photo) I conclude that you want to look through the screen, not over it. Is this correct?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From your description (and your photo) I conclude that you want to look through the screen, not over it. Is this correct?
That was the old seat...I sit higher now...I woild like to just be able to see over it by a little bit...

·
Registered
565 Posts
I went with the Honda OEM stock +2 tall windscreen. Then I sold my original to a forum member on here.
They were happy, and I was happy.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I have a Corbin seat and an F4+2. I love the combination. I can look through the screen and it is quiet, almost as quiet as my Tulsa Tall. I can lower it all the way down if I want to look over it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts