GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place to post this. My SO is leaving scuff marks on the right saddlebag with her boots as she throws her leg over. Do they make scuff guards to protect the front edge of the saddlebags? I have a black wing so it shows up well. Can anybody help? Mark

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
They make just what you want but I forget where I saw them. They were on a trike so maybe the trike board could help.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Can you ask her to throw a little more carefully........please.....pretty please......with sugar.....you get the idea!

I saw a rider recently that had clear plastic like saran wrap stuff.....very cool, and great for just this purpose. I'll email him and ask him where he got it.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello I think (ouch ouch)..3M makes a clear coating that can be cut to size..chuck

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I bought these tank protectors and they work great. I did not see a total kit for the Wing, but you might give them a call. I had another kit for my '02 that had bag protectors, but could not find their address or name.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/cgi-local ... 1104220264

Also, you might change the way the spouse mounts the bike. I have my wife step up on the passenger foot rest to mount and dismount. :wink:
Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought the tank scuff pads made by 3M from Big Bike Parts vendor while at WingDing in Nashville. They also have the Saddlebag Scuff Pads which are labled as new in their catalog for $46 (No. 52-742). Try their website www.bigbikeparts.com or you can email them at [email protected]

donho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts