GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, looks like Green Spruce trees are too much for the PC minded.

One Rabbi, brought them to there knees.

Maybe that same Rabbi could help us bring an end to the problems in Iraq as well.

Think that I will go out clean up my bike and get it ready for sale.

Save your money guys and Gals on those superfluous trimmings and buy my GL 1800.

The front wheel stays here!

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It is my understanding that the rabbi didn't object to the trees. He just asked that they also display a menorah (the Hannukah candleabra). The airport officials decided that was too much of a burden, and feared that other faiths might want some symbol displayed, so they took the easy way out. Doesn't seem like it was too much to ask to me. I bet the rabbi would even have helped them locate a sujitable menorah.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
JMATANDEM said:
It is my understanding that the rabbi didn't object to the trees. He just asked that they also display a menorah (the Hannukah candleabra). The airport officials decided that was too much of a burden, and feared that other faiths might want some symbol displayed, so they took the easy way out. Doesn't seem like it was too much to ask to me. I bet the rabbi would even have helped them locate a sujitable menorah.
I heard one news report that the action was taken because the Rabbi threatened with litigation!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my point here, is that it is a Spruce tree, not a nativity scene or some ecumenical symbol of religion.

The tree to me symbolises family, happiness and life!

I agree that the AP folks should have considered other requests and been a bit more accommodating.

I think that perhaps we should just get rid of all Holidays, Just give our civil servants, teachers an extra two weeks pay in lieu of days off and get on with life.

Actually, I think that the paranoia is hysterical.

Bulldog

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
This issue seems to arise somewhere just about every holiday season, and regardless of which side one may take, it is a shame to spoil the positive feelings of the season. So, I'm not going to. Instead, let me be among the first to wish all the members of this forum a very happy holidays, and good health to you and your families in the new year! :D :D :xmas1:

(No, I'm not going to object that there is no menorah in the Emoticons, but if one showed up next year, I wouldn't object to that either :) )

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
The port of Seattle made the rabbi the bad guy.
Now the rabbi and his lawyer are back peddling and saying this not what they wanted,
:shock: :roll: but they were willing to sue over it .
]Some people don't know when to leave things alone. :evil:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Save your money guys and Gals on those superfluous trimmings and buy my GL 1800.

The front wheel stays here!

Bulldog

Gee's I was considering the purchase of that pretty blue bike, but if your gonna be a grinch and keep the front wheel, forget it....... :wink:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
In his letter he wanted a menorah next to the tallest X-mas tree, or he wanted the trees taken down within 2 days. He gave the options in the letter and they chose the option they felt was the least of the headaches.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I wonder if an American Christian could get them to take their menorahs down, at the Ben-Gurion International Airport(Tel Aviv), because it's offensive? NOT!!! Dang it, it's an American tradition. I say if you're offended, then get the heck out of here.
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
It's the tension beween a democratic society in which people enjoy freedoms FROM as well as freedoms TO as compared to a dictatorship or monarchy. I kind of agree with Bulldog. If this country wants to separate the church and the state (which was never the intention of the framers), then let's do it. Knock off all holidays and give people some extra time to celebrate them as they choose. Let's purge the country of all symbols of religion and get rid of antiquated and outdated laws that dictate morality based on a Judeo-Christian ethos.

Oh, wait. We have done that to a great extent. And what has it gotten us? High crime rates, high single-parent families, high abortion rates and birth rates among single women, kids and adults involved in drug use to the point they wish to legalize its use ... need I go on?

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
P.C. has been over ruled
the trees are going back up!!!!!!!!!!!! :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1: :yes: :yes: :yes: :flg:

·
Registered
214 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
It's the tension beween a democratic society in which people enjoy freedoms FROM as well as freedoms TO as compared to a dictatorship or monarchy. I kind of agree with Bulldog. If this country wants to separate the church and the state (which was never the intention of the framers), then let's do it. Knock off all holidays and give people some extra time to celebrate them as they choose. Let's purge the country of all symbols of religion and get rid of antiquated and outdated laws that dictate morality based on a Judeo-Christian ethos.

Oh, wait. We have done that to a great extent. And what has it gotten us? High crime rates, high single-parent families, high abortion rates and birth rates among single women, kids and adults involved in drug use to the point they wish to legalize its use ... need I go on?

Mesquite Bob[/quote
Ditto Bob

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
It just amazes me....people from other countries want "FREEDOM" and come to the good ole USA in pursuit of it. Then they don't like our holidays and think we (all of us) need to change to suit them. What is wrong with this picture?

If they are the ones who came here of their own free will, then do as the natives do and shut the he!! up. Learn English, pay taxes and apply for citizenship, if that is what they want. If "NOT" then go back from where they came from! We aren't beggin' folks to come.

As for all the immigrates who are rushing into the good ole USA(over the border), I say put them to work building a border "WALL". Let them build it like the GREAT WALL OF CHINA and then send them back! Permanently!!

Now I feel better...Happy Holidays to all

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
A lot of very good points here. I personally think this whole contemporary agenda of having to "accommodate all" is ridiculous and far too overwhelming to ever be adhered to. I HATE this kind of imposed philosophy that one must always be POLITICALLY CORRECT in every circumstance or at any cost!!!! :twisted: It robs us of some of our own personal freedom as Americans.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts