·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A real hooligan at a whopping 81 mph.

The sea to sky is a real revenue generator for the gov'mt 80 km hr max
stupid!!!!
Cops here now have the right to seize your vehicle if 40 K/m over posted
AND they do every time!!!! You are walking from where ever they stop you Middle of nowhere they don't care!!!!!
gotta pay for their chopper somehow

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's the big deal? now we're posting links for every motorcyclist that gets a ticket?!

NO I'll speak slowly

Watch out when driving in BC 40K over and you will be walking nomatter where you are from
I'm just trying to get the warning out there
40 K over is nothing A small twist of your wrist and you are there

BTW some seem to post every death on a bike where ever????

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The sea to sky is a real revenue generator for the gov'mt 80 km hr max
stupid!!!!
Cops here now have the right to seize your vehicle if 40 K/m over posted
AND they do every time!!!! You are walking from where ever they stop you Middle of nowhere they don't care!!!!!
gotta pay for their chopper somehow
Not wanting to start a Canada vs. US debate here but it occurs to me it would not be a "right" to seize but legal authority. Two different things in my uber right wing, freedom loving, extremist LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE opinion. :cool:

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not wanting to start a Canada vs. US debate here but it occurs to me it would not be a "right" to seize but legal authority. Two different things in my uber right wing, freedom loving, extremist LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE opinion. :cool:

Oh I agree ....its way over the line
I can hardly wait until some one takes them on and has this draconian law turfed out Gotta have deep pockets

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
ccsailor, thanks for the heads up! We'll be heading out to the coast and up to Whistler next week! That is such a beautiful ride! I'll really have to watch the speedo . . . :twisted:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree.

Although I probably won't make it back up there again for some time, I appreciate the warning, and thought the post was interesting on it's own merit.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ccsailor, thanks for the heads up! We'll be heading out to the coast and up to Whistler next week! That is such a beautiful ride! I'll really have to watch the speedo . . . :twisted:

hey PM me when you are coming

I'll buy ya a beer

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
let the poor guy ride heck it is snowy 1/2 the year up there

I read he got eaten by a bear later that day

too bad

·
Registered
642 Posts
NO I'll speak slowly

Watch out when driving in BC 40K over and you will be walking nomatter where you are from
I'm just trying to get the warning out there
40 K over is nothing A small twist of your wrist and you are there

No problem for me, I will never be in Canada, unless there is one hell of a tectonic plate shift of the earth, :22yikes: however thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow "excessive speed and charged with failure to obey police direction"

You Canadains are just wild men up there LOL
I agree its a stupid law and sooner or later you people should get rid of it . We have some here that should be removed but its getting harder and harder to get stupids things undone also

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
[QUOTE No problem for me, I will never be in Canada, unless there is one hell of a tectonic plate shift of the earth, :22yikes: however thanks for the warning.[/QUOTE]

SUCKS to be you!

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
failure to obey, ya rite i didn't see any indication the riders ever heard the cop tell them to stay there
as far as the speed, well it sounded like those were only estimates is that good enough to go to court with ? passing a car thats getting off at an exit does not seem like excessive speed

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
here is another example of excessive speeders in BC:

13 high end cars, all drivers 22 yrs. old and younger....

·
Registered
642 Posts
I don't think you know me, but I respect your opinion because that's yours to make.

Once I got charged a landing fee on one of my airplanes in Montreal and that particular aircraft had never left the USA and was actually dismantled at the time the charge was made. I don't think you would have appreciated that either, from Transport Canada? I have nothing against Canada, just have no plans to visit. Please have a very nice day!!!

SUCKS to be you![/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts