GL1800Riders Forums banner

seafoam

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Captron 
#1 ·
I am now a total fan of this stuff........
last season I had a weed whacker, that just spit and studder'd, it would not rev up , and ran like crap, so I added some Seafoam to the gas and once I did it, she started to run like it was brand new.................

Yesterday I have a lawn mower, that would not idle, and also ran like :poop::poop: and died , so I added some seafoam, to the fuel, let it sit overnight, I then started her up, and mowed my lawn like nothing was wrong..........

I now will add Seafoam to my fuel on my bike, whenever I plan on a very long ride, to help clean out the injectors..............(y)

Ronnie

#2 · (Edited)
Careful not to add a bit too much SeaFoam to a tankful of fuel or it may not run worth crap. (Don't ask me how I know this.) But I'm a fan of SeaFoam as well and keep a can around too. The carbies on my '85 Vmax like a small dose applied directly down the carb throats each spring to keep them clean and crisp. Admittedly, I don't need to use as much nowadays since I have access to NO-E fuel and don't ever bring the 10% E crap into my garage any more.

#5 ·
I've never used it on anything I've had.

Reactions: Art H.
#6 ·
I'm a fan of Sea Foam as well and run a full can through my wing once or twice a rear. I recently bought some bad gas and was able to find a parts store and added a can of Sea Foam to get the bike to run. I got on a interstate and ran most of it out, filled again and added another can of Sea Foam... Runs perfect !

#11 ·
Honda now has a gas additive, and I believe it is made by SeaFoam.

#15 ·
My daughter bought a used 83 Olds Cutlass with the Iron Duke 4 cylinder. The engine has a loud whirring in the engine. One mechanic told us it was the timing chain and it was expensive to replace since the engine had to come out., it was mounted sideways in the car. He actually suggested putting a bottle of slick 50 in it. Said it wouldn't hurt and may just help.
Two weeks later the engine was totally quiet. The car lasted her another 3 years until she could afford a newer car.

#17 ·
After opening a can of Seafoam how long does it last? I have an open can in the garage that is about 2-3 years old. Also what would you do with it? Burn it only in the small our stroke engines or use it in the Wing?

#18 ·
According to their website, Seafoam does not have a shelf life. Unopened cans last quite a while. Opened cans are a few years. Not specific. Probably won't hurt anything, just may not be as potent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.