GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I preformed the AD mod, using the drilled nickle. I now have a gap were the nickle is placed. My question is should this gap be sealed to prevent dirt from aqumulating? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Hey Ho Brent!

As you noticed when you had the two components seperated, they are each sealed. If the "gap" bothers you, a dib of silver colored RTV would fill it in nicely and be easily removed if you opt to return function.

prs

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I'm just wondering if Honda has made any improvements/changes in the anti dive system to prevent all the problems that occured in the earlier Gl1800's?. Are folks with '06-'09 Wings still disabling the AD?

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Hey guys,
I preformed the AD mod, using the drilled nickle. I now have a gap were the nickle is placed. My question is should this gap be sealed to prevent dirt from aqumulating? Thanks in advance.

Cut the plunger off and bolt it back on, the gap is gone and the bike
rides nice and smooth...it also turns much better in the twisties!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anti Dive Mod?

Sorry, this sounds important, so could tell me what this is about? the Anti Dive Mod? I feel foolish, but...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the feed back. I can't believe the most simplest solutions are the ones most over looked. Duct tape, I'm going to go with Fred H. solution of duct tape. Thanks again.....:bow:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Starcraft.....just use the "search" and you'll find out all the info you can handle about the AD.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anti Dive Mod

thank you, will do. Lots to learn everyday, thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth but I went the honda dealer and bought a new one for $37. I then cleaned and lubed the old one so I have a spare, although once I saw how easy it is to disassemble and clean I don't know that I'd spend the $37 again.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I put an o-ring in this space. Had some laying around that fit the gap perfectly. Mine happen to be Viton o-rings because that is what I had.
Just a bit cleaner than RTV to remove and reinstall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts