GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a set of front wheel bearings for an 1800. Tried WingStuff first. Put in the search box, "wheel bearings". NOTHING conr up in the search... Really?
Under "brands", for All Balls, all that come up was steering bearings.
Now I always have problems with 'searches' but come on...
thecruiser

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm looking to buy a set of front wheel bearings for an 1800. Tried WingStuff first. Put in the search box, "wheel bearings". NOTHING conr up in the search... Really?
thecruiser
Larry,
From the Wingstuff web site:
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cyclegiantparts/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hondamc&a=430&b=45&c=0-WHEEL---FRONT
# 19 is the bearing....2 needed
# 20 and 21 are the dust seals... 1 each needed.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbup:
Sorry Larry,
I didn't know you wanted to go with the All Balls brand. I thought that was just another option. Here is the All Balls set you need.
http://www.amazon.com/All-Balls-Wheel-Bearing-25-1381/dp/B000OO0XUO
Gary
Got mine from Bulldog at www.shinhopples.com
Good price through Amazon Gary. I was looking to buy from a board sponsor though.
Looking also for Gerbing jacket liner and I don't see one on the Shinhopple site.

Another board sponsor has the bearings and a Gerbing jacket liner but it 'looks different' that the one on the Gerbing website. Their Gerbing has a
BLACK on the inside collar and the one on the Gerbing site has RED on the inside of the collar. So, what's the difference? I have an email to that board sponsor. Probably hear back tomorrow. In the meantime,... anyone know?
thecruiser

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tommy,
Justa FYI,... the GP site has only Gerbing 'accessories', no jacket liner's. They may have them but can't get to them on their website. And sorry, sites that are so extensive, I'm not about to 'call them'.
rtrikes has Gerbing but at the same pricing as everyone else and it doesn't appear they sell All Balls wheel bearings.
Trying to combine my order to save on shipping.
Thanks though.
thecruiser

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Good price through Amazon Gary. I was looking to buy from a board sponsor though.
Looking also for Gerbing jacket liner and I don't see one on the Shinhopple site.

Another board sponsor has the bearings and a Gerbing jacket liner but it 'looks different' that the one on the Gerbing website. Their Gerbing has a
BLACK on the inside collar and the one on the Gerbing site has RED on the inside of the collar. So, what's the difference? I have an email to that board sponsor. Probably hear back tomorrow. In the meantime,... anyone know?
thecruiser

+1 on ordering from Bulldog at shinhopples. As for the gerbing color difference, they recently moved operations back to the US. The US made ones have a little American flag sewn into them, otherwise the fit and finish is supposed to be the same. Perhaps they also made a different color stripe?? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Search

Check with Cyclemax, I believe they are a board sponsor. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check with Cyclemax, I believe they are a board sponsor. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry
That's the sponsor I have an email going to, Larry. They have a lower price but isn't quite the same liner.

Larry, may also check Revzilla for Gerbings.
Have checked them too,... same pricing as most, $249.
thecruiser

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
bearings

thecruiser

I just picked up a set of front wheel bearings from Cyclemax this morning. Great people to deal with ! Here is the link to the AllBalls front wheel bearings there...

http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1500_gl1800_wheel_bearing_kit/143438

Kurt

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
That's the sponsor I have an email going to, Larry. They have a lower price but isn't quite the same liner.
Have checked them too,... same pricing as most, $249.
thecruiser
Just some general info for everybody. Gerbings has an extremely vigilant policy on pricing structure for their stuff. They require dealers/distributors to advertise the specified price for their items, and a vendor that doesn't adhere to that policy will find themselves no longer a vendor.

Some places will sell at a lower price in store, in person, especially if it is last year's product. But trying to internet shop-around - ain't gonna work. And if you do find a cheaper price/place - don't advertise it and put the kabosh on that vendor. Just do it by a pm person-to-person.

In regards to the new collar color of the gerbings - gerbings was taken over by the holding company. Operations/manufacturing was moved back to the US. In addition to now having a little american flag sewn into the clothing, another thing done for the 2014 model lineup was change the collar and trim to red vs. black. Same product - just an aesthetic change.

Anyhow - I like my gerbings. Pricey, but works. Only negative I've got on the jacket liner is I think the heating element could extend farther along the sides where your arm would lay against. Gets a little cool in that area without a pullover or good jacket coverage there.

·
Registered
529 Posts

Anyhow - I like my gerbings. Pricey, but works. Only negative I've got on the jacket liner is I think the heating element could extend farther along the sides where your arm would lay against. Gets a little cool in that area without a pullover or good jacket coverage there.

And maybe a little more coverage to the inside/under the arms too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts