GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a CB. I want to used the integrated one, but really font wanna pas so darn much. Is there such a thing as refurb or used ones on the market somewhere?

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I was told you have to watch out for the older models like the one posted. There is a certain number in the serial number or something that it needs to be so you have the better of the two... Thats just what I have been told...:shrug:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
just looked on e-bay here is a good deal it's new, about what I paid a t the dealer on my last 2 wings told them cost and I'll install if I buy a new bike, you still need the antenna if you want to go that route
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...7057797QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
upssnowman,

>>>>just looked on e-bay here is a good deal it's new, about what I paid a t the dealer on my last 2 wings told them cost and I'll install if I buy a new bike, you still need the antenna if you want to go that route
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories<<<<

It needs to be pointed out that the CB is showing a "bid" price and is subject to go higher. I tend to look for the "Buy it Now" prices rather than getting involved in a bid war.

Also, in looking at the 1st picture it shows a manufacture date of October 2000; my guess would be that it is the older version with the real weak squelch circuit. :shrug:

I did get one of the older CBs (about 5yrs ago) that had been sent back for the squelch repair and have had no problems with it.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
I was told you have to watch out for the older models like the one posted. There is a certain number in the serial number or something that it needs to be so you have the better of the two... Thats just what I have been told...:shrug:
The latest CB has a a part number ending in -102. -101 is an earlier version, and -100 is the original version.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have any electronics gurus tried looking at the schematics to see if there is a way to re-wire a regular CB to work on a GL1800?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts