GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of us here do Grand Tours. Does anyone have a web site with a search engine that can use wild cards to find cities?

For instance I want to find all the cities that begin with or end in Spring so I would want to search for *spring for anything that ends in spring, (like Winterspring or Hot Spring) and Spring* for anything that begins with Spring (like Springdale or Springfield).

I don't think this is cheating as you still have to visit the city and collect your proof of visit.

·
Registered
949 Posts
A lot of us here do Grand Tours. Does anyone have a web site with a search engine that can use wild cards to find cities?

For instance I want to find all the cities that begin with or end in Spring so I would want to search for *spring for anything that ends in spring, (like Winterspring or Hot Spring) and Spring* for anything that begins with Spring (like Springdale or Springfield).

I don't think this is cheating as you still have to visit the city and collect your proof of visit.
The 2nd search is easy. In MS Streets & Trips, enter "spring" in the search box.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Here's an answer to Q1: Use your favorite search engine(s) [I use Bing] and search for "(state) cities and towns".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts