GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I put the jack in order to lift the wing. It appears that its lifting it by pushing up on the engine. Is this ok or what On the 1500 it lifted the bike by the frame.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Road Hog said:
Where do I put the jack in order to lift the wing. It appears that its lifting it by pushing up on the engine. Is this ok or what On the 1500 it lifted the bike by the frame.
That's fine; jack from the right side.

One arm of the jack will be under the folded-up center stand, and the other under the engine. Be careful to not damage either header pipe. Try to always leave the sidestand lowered because you're gonna need it when the Wing comes in for a landing! :wink:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Boots No Saddle said:
[quote="Road Hog":3kouzl4i]Where do I put the jack in order to lift the wing. It appears that its lifting it by pushing up on the engine. Is this ok or what On the 1500 it lifted the bike by the frame.
That's fine; jack from the right side.

One arm of the jack will be under the folded-up center stand, and the other under the engine. Be careful to not damage either header pipe. Try to always leave the sidestand lowered because you're gonna need it when the Wing comes in for a landing! :wink:[/quote:3kouzl4i]
Thanks for that response............

·
Registered
538 Posts
Pep Boys has the same jack... list of $69.99 & currently on sale for $49.99 (Made by the exact same manufacturer).

I bought one and works fine.

Here is the link... if your computer does not insert the entire link, you may have to do some 'cut n paste' to get all of it into your browser address window:

http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboys/de ... oys-061029

1 - 5 of 5 Posts