GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
i dont know but if u find out please let me know !!!!btw i saw on for sale on tjis site!!! :biker:

G

·
0 Posts
I have one and I like it. Most of the time it is in the garage collecting dust because I only use it when I need to change tires. I have a trailer hitch on my GL1800 so the Sears motorcycle lift gets it high enough for the rear tire to just drop straight down. Would I buy another one...... with the lifetime warranty on Sears tools I won't have to. I like it..... it does the job..... and it wasn't that expensive.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
I've got one also. Works fine. Just be sure to get some safety straps and strap down your bike when you use a lift.

Bartman

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
mine works just fine. I got it on sale at Sears for $69. I put a 1X6 under the back tire and put shock in full up position and the jack goes under. It seems a little shakey but I learned it is not. I just go for it now. no problem. Somewhere there is a post that has great pics of bike gettin put on the lift.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yep... works fine BUT you can save some money by buying it from Pep Boys (same exact lift from same Chinese company). Their normal price is $69.95 BUT about every 2-3 months, they have a $20 rebate!

Also, whichever one you buy Sears or Pep Boys... replace ALL the bolts with high stress, high carbon bolts!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAand no matter whose lift you wind up buying (either of these or anyone else), PLEASE use safety straps!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I know many have had good luck with this unit,that's whay I asked Santa to bring me one.
I used it twice and the hydraulic ram failed.Since it was over a year they wouldn't even talk warranty,and replacement parts are not available.

According to the reviews on the Sears site,I'm not the only one to have a problem.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... Cookie=Yes

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Bike Lifts

I have considered buying the Craftsman lift, it is very affordable. It got so much bad rap in some other threads about instability I didn't. I just can't see spending $500. :shock: or more for a professional quality lift thats so seldom used. I did notice the other day Sears had a new model of bike lift out I just don't know if it's any more stable. T.

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
IF you have a stock set-up bike. its not easy to get the Sears and similar units under it, but it can be done. Fred removed his pads, if I recall correctly. I have a 70 rear tire and stiffer front spings, so my Craftsman jack rolls right under there. BUT and this is a BIG BUTT...

DO NOT TRUST ANY JACK! THis bke is heavy enough to hurt you BAD if it falls. It can squash your kids or dog. So, also buy a set of jack stands to use under the rear passenger guard bars and set the front on a steel milk bottle crate of such. Yes, it looks secure with those straps on there, but when you put the torque on that lug nut or whatever, you can wrench the bike right off the stand. Always use jack stands!

prs

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
GarageLogic said:
I have one and I like it. Most of the time it is in the garage collecting dust because I only use it when I need to change tires. I have a trailer hitch on my GL1800 so the Sears motorcycle lift gets it high enough for the rear tire to just drop straight down. Would I buy another one...... with the lifetime warranty on Sears tools I won't have to. I like it..... it does the job..... and it wasn't that expensive.
Better check your warranty.... the Craftsman lift is NOT lifetime warranted

I will stick with my Pit Bull lift, yes it costs more, but it lifts almost 10" higher, much better built, Wing is extremely stable on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts