GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too hot, too humid, fortunately, we had a break last week and was able to get out for a couple of short rides. Now I guess I will spend the next few months doing my mods. Seat, rider and passenger pegs, windshield (maybe) really not a lot else to change but comfort items. I am buying a trailer so maybe I might get a chance to head to New Mexico to ride at elevation in the cooler weather. Texas is great eight months out of the year but the four months June-Sept can be brutal.

Reactions: Yoda

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yours is over and mine hasn't started yet as every day it's raining and cold. It appears as a side effect of global warming is that we are receiving cold rainy weather. There has not been a single day that the sun shone all day or even two consecutive days without rain. We experience all 4 seasons within any given day, very unsettled and hard to plan for.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yours is over and mine hasn't started yet as every day it's raining and cold. It appears as a side effect of global warming is that we are receiving cold rainy weather. There has not been a single day that the sun shone all day or even two consecutive days without rain. We experience all 4 seasons within any given day, very unsettled and hard to plan for.
I feel your pain, January-March we had more rainy days than I can remember, Our best riding here in south Texas would be Feb-May and Late September thru November. I can still go out at 6 am and finish about 10 am and its not too bad. I generally ride Texas Hill country and Big Bend areas but have made trips to NM, Colorado in the summer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Too hot, too humid, fortunately, we had a break last week and was able to get out for a couple of short rides. Now I guess I will spend the next few months doing my mods. Seat, rider and passenger pegs, windshield (maybe) really not a lot else to change but comfort items. I am buying a trailer so maybe I might get a chance to head to New Mexico to ride at elevation in the cooler weather. Texas is great eight months out of the year but the four months June-Sept can be brutal.
You will get no sympathy from me, it may be hot but you can still ride. Try riding when its zero out and snow and ice everywhere.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
**** :banghead: Season's Over And here I was planning to leave on my Road Trip out to the West Coast on 6 July! :shrug:

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I feel your pain, January-March we had more rainy days than I can remember, Our best riding here in south Texas would be Feb-May and Late September thru November. I can still go out at 6 am and finish about 10 am and its not too bad. I generally ride Texas Hill country and Big Bend areas but have made trips to NM, Colorado in the summer.
Yep, 6AM till about 11AM during summer months used to work pretty good when I lived in the California desert. Then around 11AM I'd find a watering hole somewhere near home, then wobble on home. That was about 20 years ago when I liked to imbibe quite often, just glad I survived those days. LOL

·
Registered
316 Posts
You will get no sympathy from me, it may be hot but you can still ride. Try riding when its zero out and snow and ice everywhere.
Tell you what though, for the last few weeks (at least here in Chicago) in between rainy days we have had some straight up beautiful days 65-70 and sunny. Here in Chicago, I can do April (late march sometimes) to about Novemberish

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ya, it can be hot in California. But you know what they say, “ it’s a dry heat “. Ha Ha Ha, see ya in the Bu ( that’s Malibu). I love California, now if I could just get rid of the Governor and the rest of the liberals.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ya, it can be hot in California. But you know what they say, “ it’s a dry heat “. Ha Ha Ha, see ya in the Bu ( that’s Malibu). I love California, now if I could just get rid of the Governor and the rest of the liberals.
My nephew is your neighbor. He just graduated Cal Lutheran.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts