GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of beadriders. Front and back for my 06 wing.
Today, on a SOLO ride, (DUH) I forgot to remove the SO's beads, and well, you know the rest of the story......

I recall something either here or somewhere on some lower priced (NOT THE WALMART TYPE) black beadrider type beads for a much lower cost than I paid for the beadrider setup.

Was I dreaming, or do you remember a link or someone offering them? I am thinking they were somewhere around the 15 dollar range or so. I recall thinking to myself, man I bought mine a week too early!!!!

If you know what I am babbling about, or if you have a rear beadrider setup you want to sell, feel free to pm me. I know some folks hate them, but we really like them a lot! I want to keep with the black beadrider styled setup.

PS....did I tell you I am in deep trouble for losing the SO's beads!!! :lol:

Thanks!
Keith

· Squating Member
7,055 Posts
My local aftermarket dealer selld Add On bead seat for arounf 15.00 bucks.

Check with your for Add On

· Registered
4,179 Posts
Auto Zone beaded seat: 8.00
Vinyl string: .79
Hot Melt Glue: 1.59
Reliving arts and craft class at Summer Camp: Priceless

G

·
Do you have something against the "Wal-Mart" beads. At $7.00 you can't go too wrong and if you lose one it's not a big loss. A lot of us have them and they (IMO) are better than Beadriders or anything else.

· Registered
1,279 Posts
Pep Boys or other auto store sell some Velour beaded seat cushions, $15.00 Cut the Velour part off and put it on your seats. No strings to tie or glue to mess with. They are already hemmed up with a cloth boarder. Real simple and are black in color to match your seat. Put the bottom cushion on the drivers seat and the back cushion sideways on the back seat. Love mine. Here's a pic.

· Squating Member
7,055 Posts
beastie said:
Do you have something against the "Wal-Mart" beads. At $7.00 you can't go too wrong and if you lose one it's not a big loss. A lot of us have them and they (IMO) are better than Beadriders or anything else.

I think those look quite nice, I tried, had beeds all over the place :? what a doof!! :lol:

I guess I'll have to pay or buy dinner for someone to make them for me :D

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ky Blue & Soundoff....thanks for the tip and link!
Beastie, Nope, spent my career at WM, but I am a dork at bead reconstruction.
Twyn....u aint rite :wink:
Big Wes....BRILLIANT! Great idea!

I appreciate everyones input, please keep them coming!

Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.