GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone on this board have seat belt's on his trike?
they say they exist for trike's, but can't find any info about it......:shrug:

Is it possible to instal them after you buy the trike, or must they be installed by the manufactory....?:confused:

Can someone help me out off this........:thumbup:
Thanks

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Wing67, I personally have not heard of any, but I would guess if you had to/wanted too, you could get a seat bealt from a junker and use the bolts for the rear passanger grab handles as a place to secure it with just a few modifications. Just a thought.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you want to turn your ride into a deathtrap?
over here yu don't have to wear a helmet on a trike, "iff" you have seatbelts...:thumbup:, thats nice only in summer, wanna try it iff i can find some...:yes1:., but i can't findanything on the web...:shrug:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
With no roll over protection (roll bar), there is no way I'd want to be strapped to a trike. Picture that thing tumbling down a mountain side with you securely strapped to the seat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it April 1 already? :nojoke:
Nope ! but they exist, over there in the U.S., not over here, so that's why i asked this on the board over here.....:doorag:;)
But it sounds like you all never have heard from it ??:rolleyes: :thumbup: that' funny...:yes1:

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Nope ! but they exist, over there in the U.S., not over here, so that's why i asked this on the board over here.....:doorag:;)
But it sounds like you all never have heard from it ??:rolleyes: :thumbup: that' funny...:yes1:
Please pardon me. I honestly thought you were joking about installing seat belts on a trike.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
You could put a seatbelt on a bicycle, that don't make it a good idea.

A seatbelt in a cage is a good idea. You're surrounded by metal, plastic, and air bags. If you get hit, you want to stay behind that wall of protection, and flying out of a cage is about the worst thing you could do.

An open vehicle that can be flipped, fallen over, and ridden over is a different story. If a car hits you hard enoiugh to knock you off your bike, it probably hit hard enough to knock the bike over. We ride 900+ pound bikes. People staying on the thing when they fall over is the way people lose legs.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have seen a proposal by honda to offer a seatbelt on the New Goldwing. It is believed that it was either done by someone as an april fools joke, or as a proactive measure for if some jackass legislates them into a requirement.

It should be noted that the proposal also shows the seat mounted on explosive bolts to release it from the bike if it falls over. And while there is a certain amount of coolness in having an ejection seat for a bike, the fact hat you can only use it once kinda detracts from that.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I have seen a proposal by honda to offer a seatbelt on the New Goldwing. It is believed that it was either done by someone as an april fools joke, or as a proactive measure for if some jackass legislates them into a requirement.

It should be noted that the proposal also shows the seat mounted on explosive bolts to release it from the bike if it falls over. And while there is a certain amount of coolness in having an ejection seat for a bike, the fact hat you can only use it once kinda detracts from that.
I don't get it :shrug:
I use seat belts to keep me strapped to the motorcycle. However, there is an ejection seat that blows me off the bike. Something does not make sense here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't get it :shrug:
I use seat belts to keep me strapped to the motorcycle. However, there is an ejection seat that blows me off the bike. Something does not make sense here.
Captain, do you really have seat belts, or.......?:?:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Dan,

I agree with you. There just ain't nothin' pretty about that picture. I'm glad you are still here to comment about it!!

·
Registered
719 Posts

If we had been belted to this mess, I would not be writing this response.
Seriously, you couldn't have found a better place for your scheduled UNDERCARRIAGE FRAME CRACK CHECK?:shock:
Glad you survived. How much damage to the beauty?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts