GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What products do you use to keep the seat looking black? Seems to look grey to me . Done the search but nothing stands out

·
Registered
234 Posts
I always used Armorall but may have to look into this 303 product...

J.D.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Keep the seat covered with your butt whenever the bike is out in the sun ... seriously ... ultra violet sunlight is the worst thing for your plastic seat cover.

303 is a good product but think about how much your jeans or riding pants will wipe off anything you might apply.

I try very hard to park in the shade whenever possible ... place helmet on seat when in a restaurant ... cover with jacket or 1/2 cover for longer periods.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I always used Armorall but may have to look into this 303 product...

J.D.
303 Protectant is great stuff. If you try it, you will be pleased with the results. I always felt like I was going to slide off the seat after using Armorall. :lol:

303 protects the vinyl from UV rays, dirt and water. I use it about once a month to renew the protection and keep the vinyl looking like new.

It's not the easiest stuff to find, but IMHO, it's worth looking for. :yes1:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Maguires works well using it now but will try the 303 next. Once a month here also. :agree:

·
Registered
171 Posts
303 has a deal on a sample packet, you have to do it by mail only. If I remember right it is $7.95 shipping and no charge for the samples. I ordered the sample kit but have only used it one time so far, so I can't give it an honest review yet.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What products do you use to keep the seat looking black? Seems to look grey to me . Done the search but nothing stands out
Learned a long time ago not to put anything slick on the seat...The first time you have to make a panic stop your passenger will end up in your seat and you will end up on top of the gas tank....Very poor idea..

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always been a fan of armor all but you know what happens when you put it on a seat and hit the brakes :22yikes:

Recently I was turned on to 303 by a friend and I have to say that it is amazing. My Wing is less than 2 years old so nothing is faded to bad but putting the 303 on things like the plastic trim around the rear speakers make the black come back to life and no slick feeling like with armor all. 303 actually has an SPF Factor so its like sunblock for your bike =)

I was going to go the mail order route but ended up finding out that my local REI sells it (I got the last bottle) but I've heard that it is pretty popular with the boating community so you should be able to find some locally.

Give it a try you will NOT be disappointed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use saddle soap that comes in a spray bottle (Leather New). Been using it for twenty, thirty years and it works great for cleaning your seat and for giving a low luster to the color of the seat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys

303 ,never heard of it but will see look for It

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Been using 303 for years, great stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts