GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a couple hour ride and my wife and I both had sore rears. I have the stock seat and wonder which solution will work best for relieving the pressure point pain. I'm aware of the sheep skin, gel pads, and beads. I would hate to have to buy all of them to find out what works best. Any info would be great. Would prefer a cheap fix.

·
Registered
501 Posts
There is no really cheap good solution. I highly recommend Wingsoft www.bikesolutionsllc.com
John & Kristin can rebuild your seat at the most resonable price. And they will stick with you until you are satified.
Take a look at thier site and give John a call, his service is excellent.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Very personal choice. I'd start looking for some demo seats. I am in Northern Michigan and I did not have a chance to attend any events to try other seats. Have invested in Diamond and Russell, have sent both back 2X and then winter hit. I haven't had much of a chance to try them after the second alteration. This is a very expensive way to go though. However, someone said, to spend a grand for a seat to make a 20 + bike comfortable makes sense.

Good luck.

Bill

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
If you have enough room in the stock seat, Wingsoft is most likely the way to go. Relatively inexpensive and a 98% rate of customer satisfaction last I heard. If you have longer legs you might want something that moves you higher and farther back. You can read reviews on 3 different seats by taking the link in my signature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts