GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where might a person get a replacement seat cover? Does not matter if it's factory or aftermarket. A new complete OEM main seat cost $265 from the dealer.

Stan

·
Registered
88 Posts
With a little patience you might find a good used seat for a decent price on eBay or Craigslist? Those OEM seats gotta be going somewhere when someone buys a custom seat. Just a thought.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Where might a person get a replacement seat cover? Does not matter if it's factory or aftermarket. A new complete OEM main seat cost $265 from the dealer.

Stan

Stan, did you find a seat cover? I think I might be able to help you.

shoot me a PM if you interested.

I have an old seat that I did some work on but the cover is still in good shape I believe. It does have the slit for a UTOPIA backrest in it though, if I remember right. I'll take a look if I hear from you.

David

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With a little patience you might find a good used seat for a decent price on eBay or Craigslist? Those OEM seats gotta be going somewhere when someone buys a custom seat. Just a thought.
Joe, most of the seats that are on ebay are more than I can get a new one for, from the dealer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Joe, most of the seats that are on ebay are more than I can get a new one for, from the dealer.
Yeah, I know, I did a quick check on eBay before I responded... That's why I utilized the words "With a little patience you might find a good used seat for a decent price"

Good luck, I'm sure you'll come up with something from somewhere :biggrin:.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great idea. I'll give Russell a call if Davids cover does not work out.

Stan

Stan,

I am at work already. I will check this evening. I know right where it is and the good thing is that it is already loose from the seat pan. Should just have to dust it off and package it up.

David

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have used this company many times in the past.
They don't list one, but if you send them you old cover they can make a pattern. There covers are stitched so they are not totally waterproof.

http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/index.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts