GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've searched and found nothing, so now I'm coming to the experts! Does anyone know of a place to find stock or stock appearing slip on covers for both the seat and passenger backrest? My second one has now split along one of the "seams" and I don't really want to buy a whole seat when I already have two of them. Thanks in advance!

Paul H

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
The mere covers I've read about are all WAY too expensive. I'm currently sitting on a patchwork of black electrical tape to cover the splitting seams... waterproof and CHEAP as a temporary repair. Almost a full year so far; I replace the old tape with fresh every couple of months. Purchased 10 rolls of tape at Harbor Freight for just a few bucks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
The seat on my o5 split at one of the fake seam too. I took it to an upholstery shop and they stitched it back together

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the replies. Don't think the velour would last long in our local climate. Being in a small town the local upholsterer thinks he can charge outrageous prices, sooooooo..... Still looking! Any other ideas or sources??
Paul H

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Keep an eye on the 4 sale forum here as seats do become available. I just bought a heated seat from a board member and sold my old seat, which was in good shape, to another board member. Worked out all the way around. If you don't need heat it is easier to find one at a reasonable price. Probably be just as cheap to buy the whole seat used than have a new cover put on.

Fred

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surely there must be a market out there for replacement covers on these things (isn't there??). Why can I not find anything??

It may end up being black Gorilla tape after all.

Paul H.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Surely there must be a market out there for replacement covers on these things (isn't there??). Why can I not find anything??

It may end up being black Gorilla tape after all.

Paul H.
If the price for a reupholstering is so high out there, find some place else to get it accomplished, and then make it into a ride...with a purpose. It's always about the ride; all the better when there's a reason to get somewhere.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
While checking out a used Ultimate seat, I discovered they made a Frogg Togg material seat cover. Cost was $55.

·
Administrator
4,417 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Hartco makes covers and supplies directions so you can install it your self. Check their web site. You can likely change colors, maybe fabrics for the same price as OEM. I have not tried this, but I do have one of their seats and am very pleased with it and their service.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Try HARTCO, they make seats and seat covers. The covers fit great and come in a variety of colors and materials.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks to all! The REI link didn't work just now but I will check it again a little later. I will look at the Hartco site and see what they have. Thanks again!

Paul H.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Seat Covers

I had a 1982 wing and was able to get a black seat cover that went right over the old seat....fit like a glove and looked stock.....don't remember what company made them but I too have been searching for something like that....If I remember correctly, it cost around $50 so was very reasonably priced.....let me know if you find something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts