GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the stock seat there are 4 metal spacers with a rubber grommet. They are aound 1' long. The bolts that hold the seat on go through these.
I either lost one or it was never installed.
Do anyone have an extra or know where I can get one?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Its a dealer item. One of mine disappeared the last time I had my seat off. After searching the driveway, yard, and street, my brother spotted it on the bike. It had fallen down between the frame and rear fender. I had to get a flashlight to see it and the only way to get it out of there was to use a straightened out coat hanger with a small hook on the end that I placed in the center hole then carefully lifted the bushing until I could get a grip on it.

There are 2 part numbers just in case you have to order a new one:

77215-MCA-000 the rubber part
90504-MCA-000 the metal part

These numbers are off my '01-'02 parts CD

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am getting the flash light out and taking another look.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It's a pretty good idea to use some adhesive to keep them from falling out, I used GOOP automotive adhesive, the silicone adhesives are good also. It only takes a small amount, all you are trying to do is to keep it from falling out and getting lost.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When my Wing was only a few weeks old I was about to take it back to the dealer because it felt like it had suddenly developed a problem, like it was sliding or slipping slightly, sort of like the rear end was kinda loose. It just felt like something was not right. I took the seat off to install something and saw one of those rascals laying loose under the seat. I had no idea what it was. It took me half an hour going through the shop manual to recognize it. I put it in its place, the slip was gone. So I guess the seat was sliding slightly without the grommet. I must have left it out when I first had the seat off. Silly me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts