GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, gives to increase it with the o6 model the possibility the temperature of the seat heating??? :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
What???????? :?

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
What???????? :?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes go left next Thursday.

Chuck
MBD

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hippos said:
Hello, gives to increase it with the o6 model the possibility the temperature of the seat heating??? :idea: :idea: :idea:
Hey Hippos,
If you are asking if there is a way to increase the heating ability of the seat on the 06 model...
There have been others who have asked the same question.
The bike senses the outside temperature and will not let the seat get as hot on warm days
as it will on cold days. Some riders say their seats do get warm enough
and some riders say it does not get warm enough.
I have not heard anyone comment that the seats ever get too warm.
I Hope this addresses your question Hippos.
DC

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I haven't researched the circuit, but I would imagine you could change the thermistor (or the bridge circuit components that are probably sensing the ambient temperature) and get the seat to heat more at lower ambient temps.
You'll probably need to look at the circuit in the service manual and try different components to get what you want.
DC

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hippos said:
I come from Germany therefore the bad English :oops:
You english is not that bad. Be patient and someone will answer your question about increasing the heat in the seat of your 06 GL1800. Dream Catcher is on the right track but he needs to translate what he said into english and then into German. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hallo zusammen

meine sitzbank wird auf stufe max.nur ein wenig warm :(

stufe 1-4brauche ich nicht :(

griffheizung ok :D

die maschine war bei honda deutschland zum test . :evil:

honda sagt die temperatur wird 30grad,also 90f. :evil:

ist das problem in amerika bekannt :?:

gibt es in amerika eine lösung für das problem :?:

gibt es ein schreiben von honda das ein fehler vorliegt :?:

danke an alle die mir helfen wollen :)

viele grüsse aus deutschland Hippos

·
Registered
38 Posts
I understood what he was asking and with his limited english thought he did a good job. I don't know the answer so I did not reply. I wonder how many other languages he speaks. I also wonder how many others with their "cute" replies speak.
Bill

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
billybob said:
I understood what he was asking and with his limited english thought he did a good job. I don't know the answer so I did not reply. .

Same Here.

I do not speak German but I do own a Typewriter that types in German letters and numbers.

M

·
0 Posts
I don't speak german wery well (or at all :) ) but I think I know what Hippos want.

Hello everybody.
My seat will only get a little warm when on Max.
I don't use settings 1-4.
Heated grip OK.
The bike has been to Honda Germany for test.
They said the seat heated to 30C (86F)
Is the problem known i US?
Is there a solution for the problem?
Are there any document from Honda about the problem?
Thank's to anyone that can help me.
Many thanks from Germany, Hippos.

/Mike

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Colder air temp warmer the seat gets, maybe you could do something with the Ouside Temp. Sensor?
Hazle

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: Seat heating

Hippos said:
is there no assistance???? :?: :?: :?:
I don't think anyone has the answer for you. There have been several posts in the past about seat not getting warm enough. It seems that the bike senses the outside temperature, then the bike decides how warm to make the seat.

I don't think the Honda seat is designed to get very warm.

Ken

·
Registered
600 Posts
Re: Seat heating

KenH said:
Hippos said:
is there no assistance???? :?: :?: :?:
I don't think anyone has the answer for you. There have been several posts in the past about seat not getting warm enough. It seems that the bike senses the outside temperature, then the bike decides how warm to make the seat.

I don't think the Honda seat is designed to get very warm.

Ken
My personal experience is that I have had to turn the heat down on my seat when riding in less than 45 degree weather because it got to hot. Same for the grips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts