GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a seat pad under my sheep skin. There's quite a few out there and I have no experience with any. Anyone here used them or have a preference? It can't be too thick as I'm tip toes at red lights and other stops. The Airhawk's look pretty good.

·
Registered
630 Posts
+1

I've used a number of different pads and I really like the Walmart one.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both replies. Can you better identify the pad and what dapartment I find it in?

·
Registered
658 Posts
walmart pads.. 20 bucks.. memory foam in the automotive section. they are about 1 inch thick.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I rode with a fellow a few weeks ago who had a Victory. He had purchased from WalMart a gel pad for a 4 wheeler ATV for $20. Looked like it was pretty much made for his seat! I have one of the regular car seat pads from WalMart but am going to check out the ATV version next time I am there. It just may cover pillion seat also with a little modification for the driver backrest.

Nope, will not cover pillion, its only 25.5 inches long. Just checked it out online.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My wife loves the gel pads sold at Costco's. It was $20 as well.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK. Going to Wally World today. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Some of us are using 2 Wally Pads stacked. Worked great for me on an IB. Gives a little more leg room, too.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Wally World had the Gel Pad, but no Memory Foam pad; I got the Gel. I trimmed it to fit the triangular seat shape and my wife cut, and sewed, the fabric. On a couple of short rides, it has made a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts