GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some input on what a fair price for a seat off an 06 mdl with wingsoft modification [driver only] and utopia back rest would be. Thinking about selling mine and going aftermarket. I have decided I need a firmer seat. Anybody have any dealings with the road sofa? Thanks

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I think a new seat is around $250, plus the back rest, plus the wingsoft??

I would say if you can get $300-$350 for it your in good shape

A Diamond Big boy seat with a back rest is around $800, they size the seat to YOU and your partner.

But, as usual, your going to get a billion opinions on what to get :lol:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Man I had nothing but a terrible time getting my problems corrected with the Road Sofa that I purchaced!! It seemed that once they had my money they didn't want anything to do with me as far a making minor adjustments, which they assured me they would do prior to the purchase.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Before you sell the old seat make sure that you don't need the seat pan. I believe that Russell requires your seat pan to build the new seat. Others may be the same.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would not sell the OEM seat. I'm kicking myself for doing the same thing. Had the OEM and a Corbin. Sold the OEM with backrest on eBay for a little over $200. I'm having troubles getting comfortable in the Corbin and would have liked to put the OEM back on while re-working the Corbin. :?

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Hartco or Diamond custom seats! I have had 2 and loved both of them. I could ride all day!!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
In your search for a great seat don't rule out Tom Simmons as he is in Fayetville AR.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seat pan

Hartco and Diamond uses their own seat pan which is made a little more sturdy than our stock seat. I have a Hartco and love it, plus I get to keep my stock seat just in case, someday, I might want to try another seat maker.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I agree with not selling your stock seat. Mine has come in handy a couple of times. I have the Diamond Big Boy and went that direction because I needed more leg room and they also used their own seat pan. No real inconvenience experienced.
They were also able to supply a reduced thickness passenger backrest so the S.O. was still comfortable on the back.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Unsprung.

Give me a call. I should be able to adjust the seat and make it firmer if you like. I have foam that can make it hard as a brick if you like.

John

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i fooled around with --seat fixes--and it was a waste of time

i spent the cash and went to a custom russell day long

i had a 795 and a 816 mile day this last weekend, and no butt problems, i also had a 1070 mile run in the heat about a month ago

there are loys of people getting rich, off of fixes, sell your stocker, and put the money toward a russell, or a hartco, your butt will love you

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have the same setup, Stock seat w/Utopia.
Utopia works for bad lumbar disks but after having hip surgery I'm still getting hip pain from stock seat. I went the Wingsoft route Sat. after checking them out at Wings over the Smokies. I explained my problem/pain and mentioned I needed a good piece of foam. I rode home 200+ miles and am reallllly happy so far. I hope the support holds up over the long haul and I'll keep posted about that. If I was going to spend $$$$ I'd like to have the Ultimate with rider backrest and low passenger backrest, I think that looks really sweet flush with the trunk (and I ride alone). For now I'm thrilled that Wing soft offers a $175 fix that I hope lasts. They were very helpful and great service.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts