GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 GL1800 with 9000 miles. Bike is great - but I am 6'4" and the stock seat has me too far forward and is uncomfortable. So I bought a Wingsoft Large (should arrive today) from a gentleman off of a 2006 GL1800. I know I should have asked before, but..........

1) will a seat off of a 2006 fit on a 2005?
2) the 06 seat is a factory heated seat. Is it possible to get the heated seat to work on my 2005?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
the seat should fit fine, but I suspect the heating element will not work since as I recall...your 2005 will not have the controls or wiring for the heat system.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Slowdog - understood that the 05 lacks controls or wiring. Was just wondering if anyone has attempted this

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Larry - sounds like more than I want to tackle right now. Good to know it can be done.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seat arrived Friday and I installed it today. Came with a Utopia backrest. The Wingsoft mod moves you back about 2 inches and about 1/2 to 1 inch higher. Kind of puts the squeeze on the passenger, may have to look into the passenger backrest modification that wingsoft does. Evidently this gives the passenger about an inch more room. Anybody have experience with this mod?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts