GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seat is showing signs of breaking down wouldn't this be a warranted item? My rear shock is most likely shot would that be warranted? My left front speaker grill has lost most of it's finish, shouldn't that be warranted? I asked my dealer about the seat and he said that due to my miles it wasn't covered, I thought I got an unlimited mile extended warranty? I haven't checked on the the others. I'm sure the speaker grill should be covered, but not so sure about the rear shock. has anyone made a claim for it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
it should be covered - had mine (seat) replaced while still under the extended warranty - no questions asked - plus the warranty does not have any "mileage" restrictions on it, so you would think the shock would be a no brainer - don't know about the speaker cover.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My shock is shot will not raise until 15. Took it to my dealer and the Honda rep would not replace it. I purchased a Trax spring and will another shop replace and rebuild main unit all for 250.00. I also have the extended warranty

Good luck

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Neither the extended warranty or the factory warranty covers wear. The speaker grille would not be covered. If the seat is torn, you might be able to get it covered if you have a good dealer who will go to bat for you. But if the foam is just collapsed, you probably don't stand a chance.

The preload not functioning should be covered. But reports over the years here have been hit and miss. Fortunately, it is a fairly easy fix.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
The problem you'll run into is what some dealers, and Honda, consider "wear" items. Those are not covered...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it should be covered - had mine (seat) replaced while still under the extended warranty - no questions asked - plus the warranty does not have any "mileage" restrictions on it, so you would think the shock would be a no brainer - don't know about the speaker cover.
I have time to argue my seat issue, my warranty expires march of 2015. I haven't asked about the shock yet, but aren't shocks a wearable part? I believe that the speaker grills finish will be covered.

My shock is shot will not raise until 15. Took it to my dealer and the Honda rep would not replace it. I purchased a Trax spring and will another shop replace and rebuild main unit all for 250.00. I also have the extended warranty

Good luck
I am scheduled for a traxxion upgrade, but the more I thought about it I thought the rear shock should be covered...just getting greedy I guess.

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
Neither the extended warranty or the factory warranty covers wear. The speaker grille would not be covered. If the seat is torn, you might be able to get it covered if you have a good dealer who will go to bat for you. But if the foam is just collapsed, you probably don't stand a chance.

The preload not functioning should be covered. But reports over the years here have been hit and miss. Fortunately, it is a fairly easy fix.
:thumbup:I agree

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
My last post was probably confusing. I didn't realize that we had two different people posting about shock related problems.

The shock itself is considered a consumable item, like brake pads. If it is just worn out, Honda will not replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My rear shock was pogoing by 45K and real bad (to me) at 63K. My dealer said: "Leaking, warranty. Not leaking, no warranty".

I replaced with a zero miles trike take off purchased for $75.00. Topped off the pre-load before installation and rode on.

Never thought to ask about my seat which has collapsed to the pan. I just use an Airhawk on long rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts