GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Ultimate seat I'm still within the 14 day period. I would like to return but I put one little scuff mark on it. Is there a way to hide / buff the scuff mark out?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I doubt it. I have never found a product that removes scuff marks as you have actually removed part of the top finish when the scuff happened.
If you can see it, they can see it.
You likely will have to sell it outright yourself. As expensive as shipping is on those things it would only add insult to injury if you had to pay the shipping to them and then back to you.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Check to see if there is a FibreNew franchise in your area.

My brother in law owned a franchise and he showed me some pretty amazing repairs and restorations of vinyl and leather.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Surely we could see a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
There is a youtube video on this using a folded up paper towel. Looked pretty slick.
--

But don't you think the Ultimate people will know the returned seat is only now made of paper towel? Probably the color will be off somewhat. :grin2:

--

Reactions: tamathumper

·
Registered
764 Posts
Are you really asking for our help in defrauding Ultimate Seats with your very first post to a public forum on the WWW?

If you are able to deceive Ultimate and receive a refund contrary to their return policy, it is one of us that will get that seat tomorrow and then blame Ultimate for selling a used seat.

DO NOT HELP THIS PERSON. IMHO MODERATORS SHOULD DELETE THIS POST AND BAN THE POSTER.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andy thanks for your honest option. I did call (before reading your post) and talked with them and told them I had I had a small scuff on the seat. I was told to send it in and they would examine the seat and they might adjust my refund base on the damage.

Ivan

·
Registered
764 Posts
Andy thanks for your honest option. I did call (before reading your post) and talked with them and told them I had I had a small scuff on the seat. I was told to send it in and they would examine the seat and they might adjust my refund base on the damage.

Ivan

Good on you. I tip my cap (or helmet) to you.:smile2:

Reactions: Barney Biker 1

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Speaks volumes for Ultimate Seats!

Reactions: Big_Bear
1 - 17 of 17 Posts