GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy aftermarket seat
Any one have experience with saddleman ? Corbin ?
not comfortable buying a seat without trying it

·
IronMan
17,105 Posts
WHERE YOU LOCATED ? WHAT YEAR IS BIKE ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Had a Corbin and hated it. Too hard for me. I went to a Russell Day Long and really enjoyed that seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
I rode to RDL in Redding California and had them build my 06 heated seat while I waited. It was an all day wait.
I liked the seat better than stock but it takes time to break them in. I ended up putting a sheepskin cover on it and it worked great for me for years. Russell has you give them your dimensions and riding position and they build the seat to your size.

·
Registered
783 Posts
RDL and Ultimate are very popular on this site. I had an RDL several years ago on my GL1200 Aspencade. Liked it, better than stock, but I just never grew to love it. Perhaps had I known back then how much difference it makes wearing proper riding pants and the right type of underwear might have made it great. I currently have an Ultimate King Rider seat on my 2010 GL1800. Bought it used on this board's 4 Sale section. I took a chance on it as a King instead of Ultimate's Mid Rider as I am 5'10" rather than a taller rider it is designed for. I'm glad I did because fits me perfectly, comfortably.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I rode to RDL in Redding California and had them build my 06 heated seat while I waited. It was an all day wait.
I liked the seat better than stock but it takes time to break them in. I ended up putting a sheepskin cover on it and it worked great for me for years. Russell has you give them your dimensions and riding position and they build the seat to your size.
You were wise to do a ride-in appointment. I sent mine away for a build and this is what I rode on during the wait....

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
John Deer or Massey Ferguson......or maybe Case? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You were wise to do a ride-in appointment. I sent mine away for a build and this is what I rode on during the wait....

View attachment 365909
So as to not completely hijack the thread with a similar funny... two things. 1, i had a RDL seat i bought second hand. i liked it but my wife did not. it was too hard. so that needs to be taken into account. Now 2, my antectdote... we were going to do the circle tour of Lake Michigan one year. 1 week before we left she informed me that her legs dangled on the bike and couldnt reach the foot rests (5'1 tall). I searched high and low for extenders i was willing to put on the bike and the ones i wanted nobody had in stock at that time. SOOOOOO, i cut a 4x4 into 8 " blocks, spray painted them black and zip tied them to the foot boards for her. Worked like a charm until i could get the real deal! Wish i could find my pic but it escapes me...

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
So as to not completely hijack the thread with a similar funny... two things. 1, i had a RDL seat i bought second hand. i liked it but my wife did not. it was too hard. so that needs to be taken into account. Now 2, my antectdote... we were going to do the circle tour of Lake Michigan one year. 1 week before we left she informed me that her legs dangled on the bike and couldnt reach the foot rests (5'1 tall). I searched high and low for extenders i was willing to put on the bike and the ones i wanted nobody had in stock at that time. SOOOOOO, i cut a 4x4 into 8 " blocks, spray painted them black and zip tied them to the foot boards for her. Worked like a charm until i could get the real deal! Wish i could find my pic but it escapes me...
Hmmmmmmmm that's an excellent idea! Really good thinking!

Ronnie

·
Registered
31 Posts
After looking at Corbin ( which I have had on a BMW), Ultimate, Saddleman, Mustang & others, I found these guys on Ebay - Welcome to E.D.Motorcycle Seats Aftermarket Motorcycle Seats I am sure the more expensive ones are nice, but my budget was low, the Ebay seat was like a demo they used at shows; after about 1k miles since December ( yea, it's always riding season here in Texas :) I am very pleased with my seat. It is way more comfy than stock and allows me to flat foot at a stop. I installed a slightly used Utopia backrest . I have another post on here with pics, good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts