GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here in the Denver area have either the Diamond or the Hartco or any other seat for moving you back and possibly up for a more comfortable ride for us tall guys? I would really like to see one on a bike and sit on it to see if the 600+ dollars is going to be worth it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Diamond Seat

While I do not reside in the Denver area, I will tell you that I sprung for the Diamond seat this year, and have never regretted it. I am 6'2", and weigh 255, with a 32" inseam. Here's what I have found since installing the seat: I prevously could put my feet flat on the ground with my knees still bent and my butt firmly planted on the seat. No longer. I can still reach the ground with my feet, but not with them flat on the ground. The Diamond is wider than stock, as well as a somewhat higher seating position, meaning that I now use my electric reverse more to get into my garage, where there is 1/2" step-up off the driveway. I find the much larger, firmer seating surface very worth the $$. I can easily do 6 hours or more in the saddle without feeling any burning pain in my posterior. I went for the crushed velour, and find that it is much cooler to the portions of my anatomy that come into contact with it, making long rides more tolerable from that standpoint as well.

Overall, I would rate the Diamond a 10. Spoke with others who had them before actually ordering mine, and was convinced that it was the right thing for me to do. Have not regretted that.

I ordered the seat with the 2" setback for the rider and the integral backrest, which means that my wife's spot is a little squeezed. For that reason, I also had them make me a replacement passenger backrest, which recovers that lost space in that she has a more upright back position. She has not done any long days with me since then, but has said that her space is adequate, the position is comfortable, and the seating surface is also conmfortable. She seems satisfied with my purchase as well.

I have no relationship with Diamond other than that of a very satisfied customer.

If I could figure out how to post a picture here, I would do so. :?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts