GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug: Does anyone make a trike specific seat?? It would seem that the front of the seat could be made different for a trike..:shrug:

THANKS

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
A buddy of mine just sent his seat out to the folks at Corbin http://www.corbin.com/ and they basically built the seat to his specs. Using the pan from the original, they really made some significant changes to it. He is a big guy and they appear to have done a nice job based on what I saw. Just an idea. Good luck with it. The guys at Mustang might be worth a call as well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks WHEELS....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Custom seat

:shrug: Does anyone make a trike specific seat?? It would seem that the front of the seat could be made different for a trike..:shrug:

THANKS
give Mark Hart a call at Hartco/Diamond seat company, his Diamond seat
for the GL1800 is outstanding...

yes that is a Diamond on our trike

·
Registered
213 Posts
http://tscustomseats.com/gpage.html

Far and away the best seat I have ever had on any motorcycle or trike and I have had several. I am not affiliated with Tom Simmons seats at all but I have found what fits my short round frame!! Good luck.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I bought a new Ultimate Mid Rider and also a passenger back rest for my new 06.
Rode the stock one for about 100 miles and decided to get some comfort with Ultimate.
We now ride 600 mile days in confort.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have a Hartco Big boy seat. Moved me back about 2 inches which made my old knees feel better.

The front is higher and more full. I realized it the first time I filled up. The gas door will not stay open unless you hold it. But the good news....You don't end up sitting on the boys in a hundred miles. I used to sit all over the stock seat trying to find "the spot". Now I just sit down and ride tank to tank without fidgiting around.

I have the velour and love it. No more damp underwear stuck to your butt in the summer. And it drys up with a towel after a rain.

When I bought it they told me it was for a trike or long distance riding. It would be difficult to put your legs down every block or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts