GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a request (through my sister of all places) for a recommendation for a repair shop for a "Honda NT650GT Hawk".

He was in a hit-and-run and his insurance company told him to pick his own repair shop.
"It has front end damage (common) and a bit of right-side (when bike went down). Couldn't get it to start. I suspect the fork is bent. It might have minor scratches. Thanks for your help."
I've never had to have a bike serviced or repaired, so I'm afraid I won't be able to be much help to him - has anyone local got a shop that they'd recommend?

Thanks,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Try Cycle Barn in Lynwood

Bought 2 bikes there including my GL but have never used their service shop.

Woody
'03 Black
Bellevue, WA

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've heard several positive comments on this place, particularly for their plastic repair and painting skills - and they are literally just down the street from you:

The Restoration Center
(425) 355-4667
12424 – A4 Beverly Park Road
Lynnwood, WA 98037

here's an article about them:
http://www.soundrider.com/archive/servi ... center.htm

As cool as that bike is (I ride a Transalp, the Hawk's brother) I can't imagine an insurance co would be willing to spend much to repair it. If they decide not to repair I might be interested in buying it.

Good Luck!

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Jon, I wasn't going to get in this untill the Restoration Center came up .I have seen some samples of there work,not good. We had a yellow wing come in on a trade that had been painted there,the trunk lid. It was the worst color match job I have ever seen.
**** :yw1:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the honesty, **** - is this something you guys could handle?(based on the description)

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Jon, I believe so.We do wrecked bike work all the time. Come in and talk to Tony in service, he should be able to help you out.
**** :yw1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts