GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inching the bike down the incline of my driveway that morning was a chore. After attempting to navigate two blocks of treacherous neighborhood streets I turned around, put the bike back in the garage and took the truck! I like going to the Seattle show each year with the most interesting displays being the individual entries on the upper level. What a variety! My memory of seeing the 'BUB' land speed racer and looking now at the photos I took makes me want to visit that area of the show upon first arriving every time I attend. Saturdays weather is forecast to be wet but hey! This is the Pacific Northwest in December! To all of you that are attending, have a safe journey. I'll be seeing you on the road.

Bill

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
A few of us are meeting at opening time (3:00pm) on Friday with tickets in hand.
We tour the show, go eat something, then go back to the show.
We hope to see a few more of our friends there this year!!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Friday, December 14, 2012, 3:00PM - Sunday, December 16, 2012, 5:00PM
Washington State Convention Center, 800 Convention Place, Seattle, WA 98101

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I will be there:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Jim, QD,

Scooby (Mike) and I will be in there by about 4:00. Send me your Ph# and maybe we can catch up to ya......... We're bringing the bosses too!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I wasn't impressed. It's been 2-3yrs since I've attended, this was my first at the convention center. Basically, I thought it sucked!:eek:4:

·
Registered
513 Posts
The first word that comes to mind is sparse. There were not many vendors compared to previous years.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The show was lame. Lack of vendors to show off their wears, the manufacture displays, ok. No excitement.

Last good show was back in 2006 -07. Since then, the shows have gotton smaller with less excitement. Would love to see one of these shows in a major market area. I think the vendors treat the Seattle as a secondary market.

Couple more lame shows, and I think this one will be in the history books!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sorry to hear that. What didn't you like about it? Was there anything about it that you did enjoy? Thanks.
Maybe I was expecting too much, but compared to the past shows at QWEST, this one was so much smaller. Maybe 1/3 the vendors....... I guess that made it feel a little less overwhelming and hectic but I think with a visit to a couple of local dealers I could have seen pretty much the same merchandise. I did enjoy the company we went with though! Scooby and his wife were fun to be with!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
It was smaller than usual, but the new Honda was worth seeing :razz:

New Goldwing.jpg

Maybe I was expecting too much, but compared to the past shows at QWEST, this one was so much smaller. Maybe 1/3 the vendors....... I guess that made it feel a little less overwhelming and hectic but I think with a visit to a couple of local dealers I could have seen pretty much the same merchandise. I did enjoy the company we went with though! Scooby and his wife were fun to be with!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts