GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brainstorming and looking for tips from those who've been there done that...........

Go from Spokane to Seattle over a few days......gotta be a scenic way to get from Spokane to Seattle over them little mountains right?

Then Seattle to San Diego?? along the coast....no hurry, no schedule...

I may take the bike somewhere in Seattle and upgrade my two speakers and ad an amp to boast them...any recommendations? I tried Sena headset...wouldn't play loud enough...tried using my Airbuds...uncomfortable and clumsy. Going back to the bikes speakers which I have rarely used. Any suggestions for speakers?

TIA, flying to Spokane tomorrow to resume the adventure!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Speaker upgrade

Just brainstorming and looking for tips from those who've been there done that...........

Go from Spokane to Seattle over a few days......gotta be a scenic way to get from Spokane to Seattle over them little mountains right?

Then Seattle to San Diego?? along the coast....no hurry, no schedule...

I may take the bike somewhere in Seattle and upgrade my two speakers and ad an amp to boast them...any recommendations? I tried Sena headset...wouldn't play loud enough...tried using my Airbuds...uncomfortable and clumsy. Going back to the bikes speakers which I have rarely used. Any suggestions for speakers?

TIA, flying to Spokane tomorrow to resume the adventure!
Using the Sena headset with PlugUp ear buds, the sound will be plenty loud.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
...Then Seattle to San Diego?? along the coast....no hurry, no schedule...

I'd suggest ending your Southbound travel along the coast at San Louis Obispo, as further South the traffic increases and the scenery decreases.

Is this a Round Trip, returning to Seattle; or 1-way to (San Diego)?

Reactions: kwthom

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Spokane to Seattle. Take Hwy 2 to Grand Coulee Dam. Evenings during the Summer they run water over the spillway and project a laser light show on it, telling about the Columbia River and the Grand Coulee project. Continue on Hwy 2 to Leavenworth. This was an old Silver town that was dying when the Silver played out. What started with a restaurant owner spilled over to the whole town, refacing the town to look like a Bavarian Village. It's a great place to sight see , clock shops, a Glockenspiel, a shop that specializes in music boxes and carousels, and European Christmas ornaments. Head South on Hwy 87 toward Cle Elum and I 90. You can pass through the little town of Roslyn, of Northern Exposure fame, hit I 90 and shoot over Snoqualmie Pass toward Seattle. A stop in North Bend at the XXX Root Beer stand for a float was always good. Once in Seattle, must see places include the Seattle Center and the Space Needle, the Pike Place Market, and the Boeing Museum of Flight. One plane on display is close to my heart. The Yakima Flyer. It was hand built by a gentleman named Charlie McCallister, after which the Airport in Yakima is named (McCallister Field). His original pilots license was signed by Wilbur Wright, and Charlie was my dads instructor, signing his license. The Flyer hung in the attic of his hanger until his death, and was donated to the Museum. There's my tour guide suggestions, ride safe.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do you really need to go from Spokane to Seattle?

If you go from Spokane to La Grande to Chester Ca and to Monterey you will eliminate a lot of traffic and mundane riding from Seattle to Mt Shasta...assuming you are planning on using I-5.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
..... A stop in North Bend at the XXX Root Beer stand for a float was always good.....
All good suggestions, however, the XXX is no longer in North Bend but is in Issaquah a little further down I-90.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I'd suggest ending your Southbound travel along the coast at San Louis Obispo, as further South the traffic increases and the scenery decreases.
As a local you know this well, but if you make it as far south as I-10 (e.g. Santa Monica Pier), then you've done the good parts of CA-1.

The rest is just nasty, crappy beach traffic on most days that end in 'y'. :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts