GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking through parts fiche for the 2018 Wing I did not see a secondary master cylinder associated with this bike. It shows front and rear master cylinders but did not see the secondary listed anywhere.

Have we finally rid ourselves of the answer to the question nobody ever asked?

Regardless of how many recalls and failures of that secondary master cylinder it seems Honda is going to make it work. Totally unnecessary but there for many years. Affected the ST1300's also. Never could see the reason for it and just made changing brake fluid more difficult.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have not looked at a brake diagram for the new 18/19 bikes but with all the trouble I have had and am still having, it would appear by your comment that Honda finally got smart and got rid if that Rube Goldberg of a linked brake system... Overly complicated and apparently some issues that will never be fixed!!! I've been working on mine for the last year and still can't rid myself of that d*** shudder!!!

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
There isn't one. The linked brake system on this bike is controlled using the ABS computer and the ABS pump motor.
So simple, what could possibly go wrong with that? ;-)

prs

Reactions: Farmguy and Bayrec
1 - 5 of 5 Posts