GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as an FYI, if anyone is interested I bought 2 new riding jackets at Cycle Gear today. I was surfing the CG web-site and noticed they were carrying them. Not all CG's carry them. I was in the market for new ones and noticed that they had them about an hour away. I also noticed that the price was listed at half the regular retail. Two great looking jackets for $200 plus tax. I'll let you know later if the air flow is as good as the Bilt jackets. Heading out for a 50 mile ride to eat and the thermo reads 99 degrees.>:)

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I tried the link and it just takes me to the website. I copied and pasted the actual link and it did the same thing. search their website for Mesh Jackets, and it's on sale for $99

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bought one a couple months ago, the air flow is as good as it gets on a wing. It is a nice jacket. I like it and I can say it is not water proof from experience!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx all for the remarks. As far as links, well I'm pretty IT challenged if ya know what I mean. So thanx for the help.
I've found too that the air flow is as good as the Bilt jackets we've worn out and have been happy with. I don't need rainproof since I carry rain gear at all times, yet I don't use it in the heat. We just put the billfold and the cell phones in the trunk and keep moving until it gets to where it gets too heavy. This new Sedici doesn't come with a liner but I don't need a liner. I was looking to replace faded out summer riding jackets and have found that I have. I have winter riding jackets for the really cold and have found a light jacket under the summer riding jacket works great for those cool mornings where it's bound to turn hot latter. Life is good again!!!:wink2:

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
A couple of years ago, I bought the Sedici Arturo mesh jacket and matching pants. So far, they have been okay. I took the liners out so I don't know how well those work. The Honda GW jacket looks like a good one.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I like the Joe Rocket design but can't understand not offering a light color in a mesh jacket.
They used to make that jacket in light grey with black inserts. I have one. Dont know why they dropped the light grey.

Reactions: TrapDog

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Sedici make a very good product. I bought one of their winter jackets with a removable insulated liner at a closeout sale at Cycle Gear 2-3 yrs ago and it's been a great jacket.

Reactions: Tex-Ed

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Nice jacket but double the price.

That is true, but my experience with Cycle Gear's house brands (Bilt & Sedici) have been less than satisfactory. I had some Bilt boots that disintegrated after 2 years and some gloves that lasted less than a year. I can't begin to tell you how many people bring Bilt helmets into the place I work at asking us to fix them because the original seller can't. It is not always 100% true, but sometimes price equals quality.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is true, but my experience with Cycle Gear's house brands (Bilt & Sedici) have been less than satisfactory. I had some Bilt boots that disintegrated after 2 years and some gloves that lasted less than a year. I can't begin to tell you how many people bring Bilt helmets into the place I work at asking us to fix them because the original seller can't. It is not always 100% true, but sometimes price equals quality.
I've never tried their boots or gloves but We've used a Bilt Jacket for 4 years and 60,000 miles minus the cold winter miles. We have other jackets that we prefer in the cold but that's probably only about 10,000 miles of that. The Bilt have performed perfectly. The only reason I chose to replace them is they are hi-viz yellow and they have faded in this Texas sun. We've used Bilt helmets for 5 years and 75,000 miles and they've performed perfectly. I'm getting ready to replace those but only because of age. I'm not climbing on a soapbox but just wanted to relate my experiences with these products.>:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts