GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this, but just in case you haven't...

Watch the video here:
<font color="#232323"><span style="font-family: Arial"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Er4FFEQ8I" target="_blank">

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I know that guy....:)

There is also a right way to do a burn out that doesn't include putting the front wheel against a building. Go to Youtube and search "goldwing burnout and car tire".

First the Yellow bike then the Red. Ah, the good ole days.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
As Paul says,... " everyone got that down pat, huh"?
Ya, sure Paul.

Before my knee surgery (replacement) I couldn't do it. Haven't tried it again just yet.
Maybe this summer.
Had a girl jump out of her car to help me once. DANG, I hate it when that happens. :shock:
thecruiser

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Pick Up

Good Post. Something every rider should know. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Ya, sure Paul.

Before my knee surgery (replacement) I couldn't do it. Haven't tried it again just yet.
Maybe this summer.
Had a girl jump out of her car to help me once. DANG, I hate it when that happens. :shock:
thecruiser
I love it when girls help me pick it up...:lol:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ya, sure Paul.

Maybe this summer.
thecruiser
On our Get your bike ready to ride Saturday (april 12), we'll tip your bike over and then instruct you on how to pick it back up...;)

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
On our Get your bike ready to ride Saturday (april 12), we'll tip your bike over and then instruct you on how to pick it back up...;)
I know 'HOW', Howard. :roll: Still doesn't mean my knees can stand the strain. :popcorn: But if you can do it, I should be able to too. ;)

I plan on being at The Gathering to 'meet-n-greet' everyone for the new Riding season. Also for the Vermontville Ride on the 26th. :thumbup:

See Ya, Larry (thecruiser)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Or put it in gear to stop rolling, particularly if down on right side.
That is what I try to do to keep it from rolling. I've had it all the way over when rear-ended though, and couldn't get to the shift lever. People are amazed when they have seen me use this technique and pick up the bike by myself like it was nothing.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Watched the burn-out, Trailsman; but what is that wet slippery stuff that was already under the tire? ;-)

My first drop was early on in my GL1800 experience and after a looooong hiatus from motorcycling. I had forgotten how slippery that damned gravel can be in an intersection, a very busy intersection with fast traffic in this instance. I stopped, put my foot down and my foot went out as the bike settled down. I brute forced it back up, geeze Louise that was hard to do. I week later I let is slip out form under me on wet lawn grass. I at least figured out I had to get down under it and lift, but still no idea f the technique. Again it was very hard to upright. Then, someone posted the technique and I actually went out and laid it over on the lawn and practiced; easy-peasy!

prs

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Picking up a Goldwing is one instance where it actually pays to be shorter. At 6' 2", it is tough to get down low enough to get your butt into the seat.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Before attempting to pick up your Goldwing be sure to empty the trunk and saddle bag that's reachable. Much easier that way!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I can't pick it up with my back to the bike. It's much easier for me to just bend my knees and grab the seat grab rail and front fork and just stand up. It's probably a coordination thing.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Before attempting to pick up your Goldwing be sure to empty the trunk and saddle bag that's reachable. Much easier that way!
Awww Geeze, no wonder I couldn't pick it up, betcha it's that small version of my STUFF I got in the trunk! :shock:
thecruiser

1 - 14 of 14 Posts