GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I may be wrong, but I do not see it in this picture. If it's not visible in the picture, then what's the point of the picture? If it is in the picture, then either I'm blind or it blends very well.

Either way, it's the RIGHT color bike!

Bartman

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Re: See if you can find the new Sirius Satellite Radio I mou

Kikker said:
Where's the Sirius Satellite Receiver?
Up your butt?? :lol:

seriously.....photo is too under-exposed to see in the dark areas.

We all give up......tell us, tell us.. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never have liked satellite receivers. etc mounted on the handlebars plus it's one less thing to worry about when the Satellite receiver is in the trunk and operated with a remote.

The only thing I'm not sure if I will like and that's not being able to see the display on the receiver but at least I'll have the buttons on the remote pre-programed.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Looks like it's mounted at an angle over the nav unit.
Either that or you dropped it in the Honda black hole and your hoping we can spot it for you. :lol:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
HiYoSilver said:
Looks like it's mounted at an angle over the nav unit.
Either that or you dropped it in the Honda black hole and your hoping we can spot it for you. :lol:
You see a NAV unit in that pic? :shock: You're darn good!! :wink:

(Kidding :p )

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Hey Kikker turn your headlights up .That would be the normal position for oneup riding.
Mick :)

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
nice installation, but can you change channels

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
laen said:
nice installation, but can you change channels
Isn't that what the IR and remote are for? What else can you do with it?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the picture is the small IR sensor mounted below the front headset plug-in. It's attached to what is called a Stinger PVIRT IR Remote Eye Extender.
The other end is just in front of the IR receiver on the satellite receiver.

Yes I can change the channels with the remote that came with the Sirius Sportster Satellite Receiver.

The only drawback is that you can't see the display and can only pre-program the buttons on the remote. You can also scan through the entire menu of channels, you just don't know where you're at unless you listen to it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nice clean install! I'll bet you probably only listen to three or four channels 95% of the time anyway, so using the program pre-sets isn't that big of a deal. I absolutely hate the look of all the crap some folks feel compelled to tack-on to their Wing on the handlebars and dash...cup holders, GPS, SATRAD, radar detectors. I think that is so tacky and makes the bike look like a rolling joke. Your install is perfect...and keeps the receiver away from prying eyes, not to mention the elements.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Airborne06,
Thanks for the comments. I'm with you on the looks of the bike with all of the different components mounted all over the handlebars.

I researched this project for about 6 months before I ordered the IR remote extender and tackling it.

Fortunately the remote has 9 preprogram buttons and 3 bands that can be pre-programmed so that's 27 channels you could have.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I absolutely hate the look of all the crap some folks feel compelled to tack-on to their Wing on the handlebars and dash...cup holders said:
MY money
MY bike
'Nuff said

Guess YOU don't need the extra's just riding to the DQ and back

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
:eat1: :beer8: Here we go again....

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
crazy said:
Guess YOU don't need the extra's just riding to the DQ and back

Different strokes for different folks.
I agree with the different strokes part - so why the slam? I don't like the "clutter" either but I'm not going to insult anyone who does like it.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
William Anzik,
The IR remote extender can be used to operate any IR device but the way I've got this one set up it's just for the satellite receiver.

The IR exender can be bought with mutiple function capabilities.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
ok - I like it, can you point us to a place to get the extender and specifically what/which one do we need?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Kikker: Where did you get the IR remote and other accessories? I may do a re-install on my bike using your technique. I have both Sirius (in the house) and XM (in both cars and on one of my bikes), but prefer the programming on Sirius much more than XM. Sirius has come a long way in improving their hardware as well compared to their initial offerings versus XM.

Crazy: No DQs in Iraq...but if you want to buy ice cream cones for all of us at your local DQ, that would be great! Nuff said?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts