GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a pinch and am looking for advice on finding the best deal to rent a full size RV (Winnebago) from NJ to the Keys and back between March 13 and March 23. I've been looking hard on line, and it's turning out to be more expensive than I had anticipated. If someone knows of how to get a "better than normal" deal somewhere/somehow, or even if someone has one and would like to make some money renting it out, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!
:cool:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Why not fly down to the Keys and rent an RV after you get there? Should be much cheaper than renting one from Jersey.

Or fly into Miami, rent an RV and drive down to the Keys and return it when you are done with it and fly back home.

Darn sure, that is what I would consider.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Unless you are military there aint no place to park an RV in Key West anyhow. :shrug:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Bugsquasher says... " Unless you are military there aint no place to park an RV in Key West anyhow."
That is not correct. There are a couple of RV sites within the Key west area, about 4 or 5 miles from the 'action '.
Buses do run to and from these points. Do a google search.

We take an RV down to Key west at least once a year, as we only live 200 miles away, but a trip at almost any time shows plenty of RV sites within easy reach of Key West. Do not park an RV on the road as a parking spot, as you will probably get a ticket, but sites are available.

Harry.

Hang in there Bev, you can do it!!.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew I should have been more specific...

Why not fly down to the Keys and rent an RV after you get there? Should be much cheaper than renting one from Jersey.
Our original plan was to fly down...six of us. We waited too long on the tix... they were down to $168 from NJ to Miami. Now they're nearly $600 a ticket! Probably because it's spring break week. So, we have to drive at this point. Now I get to bring my own fishing and diving gear and tow down my sail boat and bring guitars.

Unless you are military there aint no place to park an RV in Key West anyhow. :shrug:
We'll be parking it in Marathon... Here:

So... Thanks for the replies guys. Not the answer I'm looking for.

I need to rent an RV and haul 6 people round trip from NJ to Marathon.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Here ya go...Way cheaper than a Winnebago:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Seriously, you probably aren't going to find an RV in the northeast this time of year. They have all been winterized. How about driving down and just renting an RV in Florida?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Try this site: www.ShadyMapleRV.com They're in Lancaster County, PA & do rentals. No idea what the prices are anymore.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I bought and store my travel trailer from these guys: Kadco (609) 443-1133. I have no idea what they charge but I know they do rent Jayco RVs. (Class C I think.)

Hector

I'm in a pinch and am looking for advice on finding the best deal to rent a full size RV (Winnebago) from NJ to the Keys and back between March 13 and March 23. I've been looking hard on line, and it's turning out to be more expensive than I had anticipated. If someone knows of how to get a "better than normal" deal somewhere/somehow, or even if someone has one and would like to make some money renting it out, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hopefully you contacted these folks. Costs some, but you might not have any other choices unless you rent one from a friend/enemy, etc.

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I GOT ONE!!

Thanks for all the replies!

Here she is! If I wasn't towing my sailboat down with me, I'd seriously consider renting a trailer to pull the wing down. As sacrilegious as it is to put a wing on a trailer, I would sacrifice it to have it with me down there. i love riding my wing naked (no helmet) in the keys!

.... oh yea, the RV...

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
RVs are the best way to travel (other than the Wing) with others. We rented a couple when the kids were small and had a blast. They seem to cost a lot, but you save in food, hotels (slept in rest stops and parking lots) and no finding a bathroom when nature calls.

Have a great trip!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I GOT ONE!!

Thanks for all the replies!

Here she is! If I wasn't towing my sailboat down with me, I'd seriously consider renting a trailer to pull the wing down. As sacrilegious as it is to put a wing on a trailer, I would sacrifice it to have it with me down there. i love riding my wing naked (no helmet) in the keys!

.... oh yea, the RV...

I see you got a new van too..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts