GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Goldwing GL1800 NEW rear wheel w/ NEW Tire - $365 (BC)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-27, 11:46AM MST

I have several GL1800 trike take-offs: brand new (0 to 50 miles) rear wheels and FACTORY MOUNTED tires, both Dunlop and Bridgestone. The tires are $290 TO $320 at the Honda shop, depending where you are, and the rear wheel is well over $1000. That makes it expensive to have a spare rear wheel ready with a tire mounted, balanced, and ready to go when your tire wears out, or blows on the road. Overnight courier of your loaded and ready wheel is a lot easier and cheaper than the pickup and haul to a bike shop, the wait, and the expense of a new tire mounted, while on the road. Trust me on that one: I lost two days in Manitoba because NO techies were available to change a tire. Also kind of nice to see a really good wheel on the back of your bike. GL1800 wheels, because they are so hard to reach and clean: tend to get really muckie and oxidized. This is also the solution to surface-corroded rear wheels, and these wheels do oxidize quickly if not maintained, waxed and polished: often.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1009885467

Not mine just found on craigslist.
Copyright © 2009 craigslist, inc. terms

·
Registered
858 Posts
Good grief! Who's that fool tryin' to kid?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think he is charging by each word used in his description.

JC

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I gotten 2 of these, one tire/wheel for $100 and the second tire/wheel/rear assembly with disc brake for $150.....so I guess it pays to shop around.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
a little hi ?

is he from Canada ? tire prices are real crazy up there

·
Registered
80 Posts
a little hi ?

is he from Canada ? tire prices are real crazy up there
Here in Ontario, E3 rear is $339 plus $60 installation front is mid $200. buy mine in the states where I can get a pair for less then the rear.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Move on...keep looking...

·
Registered
246 Posts
The OP said it was't his ad. The post is from a Craigslist posting and located in BC. So I am guessing Canada. :roll: :shrug:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I got a brand new rim with new bridgestone on it for $100, trike take off from my local dealer.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

I recently purchased a rear rim from a low-mileage trike conversion on E-Bay for $75. Front rims are a little harder to find, though.

$1,000 for a rear rim? This guy's on drugs!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts