GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please excuse my ignorance, but I have a rather basic question: I have a Garmin 276c, loaded with City Select, V7. In looking at Garmin's site I see that they have City Navigator for sale, V8. Is one better than the other, should I have both, what about Map Source? What are the differences between the two types?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I switched to Navigator v8 from v7 and I think it is more accurate and has more detail. Select was good, but Navigator is better

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
City select was first made for the units that had to have the Garmin storage cards. City select has less factors that it used to determine routes and times, and also has less info on gas stations and such. Now that Garmin has the larger storage cards they have discontinued the city select and you get the free upgrade to city navigator when you buy a unit with city select.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I believe the Navigator is Navigator NT, NT means new technology. According to a Garmin tech they have found a way to compress the data. So theoretically you should be able to fit more maps on the same size cards. He also said that Select would be phased out and all the new stuff would be Navigator NT.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Reminds me of Microsoft...lol...When they came out with Windows NT...It also stood for NT=New Technology...by the way...I have Navigator NT V8 on my Garmin 2720...seems good to me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts