GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to bring my 2005 Goldwing to ride in UK / Europe next spring / summer and was thinking about selling it in UK or Europe instead of shipping it back to Canada. Is this possible and would there be people interested in buying?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I would probably try putting this thread on the world board. Might be better.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
If you sell it in the UK, you'll probably have to get it converted to right-hand drive......

:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
There are people in the U.K who specifically buy in U.S spec bikes as they have the full wiring loom fitted as standard, I think for the extra lighting on U.S bikes, so yes there is a demand for the U.S bikes here.
You could probably take it to any Honda dealer and get a good cash price for the bike.
Good luck and bring your waterproofs. :cool:

·
Registered
285 Posts
We spent the better part of 3 years touring Europe on our GL 1500 Wing. We had several offers, unsolicted, to sell it. You will find yours is worth 50 to 100% more over there than here. A good source for contacting GoldWingers is through their GWEF (GoldWing European Federation) affiliated club. Every European country has a GoldWing club. There will be links to the country clubs on the GWEF site. Some countries have more than the GWEF affiliated club, Spain, France, Germany, GB to name a few. The official language of the GWEF is English so every club has one or more English speakers. They also have a Gold Book type book for members that covers all GWEF member clubs.

They have International Treffens (what they call a rally), that are similiar to Wing Ding, in each country. The schedule is posted on the GWEF site. Be sure and attend one or more if you are in the neighborhood. You do not have to be a member to attend, but it costs a bit more.

You can read about our time there on our website The Travels of the White Dragon.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Check out the Steve Saunders GW site. He's in Ireland w/ all Europe connections. Good site/info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts