GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its official. Becky and I are going to sell our Wings. We're looking to change our riding style, so its with sadness that we're putting them up for sale. Hers is already listed on the For Sale board and mine will be up in about an hour, as I've got to take a photo of it with the Bushtec. Am selling my bike and trailer together. If anyone is interested in either an Orange 03 ABS or a Yellow 03 with matching Bushtec Genesis trailer, both in flawless condition, please check out the For Sale board!

Once the Wings are sold, we won't be very active on the board, but I'm sure we'll lurk for awhile. We've made lots of friends here!

YW: You aren't rid of us...we'll still see you up at the Gap!

Doug

·
Registered
219 Posts
What the Hell is going on!!!! You can't sell your bikes. WE WON'T ALLOW IT. There are 3 hundred million people in this country and posibily 10 thousand that have a husband and wife that both ride motorcycles. (Me included) Don't let us down.

Wolfer

·
Registered
117 Posts
We are not giving up riding, just changing our riding style! Once we have the bikes sold, we will pick another pair of Hondas for us to ride!!

Becky

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
pr8hed said:
We are not giving up riding, just changing our riding style! Once we have the bikes sold, we will pick another pair of Hondas for us to ride!!

Becky

Does that mean a pair of scooters or dual sport type bikes?

:shock:

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
pr8hed

Did you consult with Jimmy on this decision??? I assume not, since I hadn't heard of it happening on the Coconut Telegraph!! 8)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, we're planning on a pair of VFRs with the hard sidebags, for some sport touring in the mountains and then out west next year...We'll be putting the J&M CBs on them, along with IPods for music, so we won't lose all the creature comforts....we just have to go back to packing light!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hedo,
Of course I consulted with Jimmy!! He said "growing older, but not up"!! We have tickets to his concert here in the middle of November. We will have a corona for you! We will now be riding VFR Interceptors. I want the 06 pearl white so I can have my bike artist paint a white tiger on it. You know parrottheads, we have to be different.

Becky

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
pr8hed said:
Hedo,
Of course I consulted with Jimmy!! He said "growing older, but not up"!!

Becky
Enjoy your new rides!!!

.............remember, if the phone doesn't ring, it's me !! 8)

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Are you sure? Sport bikes beat you to pieces, nothing like the wing to tour on. :D

later..Randy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeh, but we feel the need for speed.....Becky's insatiable ever since she was on the track at Road Atlanta (where she crashed in Turn 5...) I'm going to have to keep a tight leash on that girl.... :shock:

·
Registered
552 Posts
radbikers said:
Actually, we're planning on a pair of VFRs with the hard sidebags, for some sport touring in the mountains and then out west next year...We'll be putting the J&M CBs on them, along with IPods for music, so we won't lose all the creature comforts....we just have to go back to packing light!
Welcome to the "fast touring" side. You'll soon find out how fun it is to mess with wingers and harley pilots.

I'm working on a module to mount CB, XM, GPS and radar detector all in one compact unit for the VFR and CBR's. I'll let you know how it progresses before I release to the public.

BTW... whomever picks up your yellow bike and trailer will get one hellava deal. You definitely priced it to sell! If it was a black or silver package, you could have considered it sold! The SO hates yellow, and I'm not too fond of it either, but that's just us. Good luck!!! :yes1:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks AZ. Keep us posted on the unit development. It sounds like just what we're going to be looking for!

H

·
0 Posts
pr8hed said:
Hedo,
Of course I consulted with Jimmy!! He said "growing older, but not up"!! We have tickets to his concert here in the middle of November. We will have a corona for you! We will now be riding VFR Interceptors. I want the 06 pearl white so I can have my bike artist paint a white tiger on it. You know parrottheads, we have to be different.

Becky
Here is my dream bike. But they won't be here until November and I don't know if I can wait. 2007 Interceptor with ABX.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts