GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an considering selling my 06 wing. I would like some opinions on what a good selling price would be. Like everyone, I would like to get all I can for it but do not want to scare off potential buyers with too high of an asking price.

Bike is an 06 Black Premium audio model with 8,000 miles. It was purchased on 3/10/2006. It is in perfect condition with the following acc. installed. Hondaline CB radio and antenna, Utopia backrest, Bushtec trailer hitch and wiring isolator, Kuryakyn Iso pegs, trunk and saddlebag carpet kit, Accessory power outlet in left fairing pocket.

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I guess I will have to ask which kind of oil to sell in the bike to get any responses.
Come on, I know everyone of you have at least 2 opinions so help me out with this.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
It's your motorcycle. If you want to sell it, put a price on it like you want to sell it.

It has been suggested on another board to you to check the KBB and NADA. Brian even offered you a link to the MCN site.

New ones can be bought in the $16k range. Your's might be worth $15K. I just bought a '06 ABS w/800 miles and 7 yr warranty for not much more than that.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
There's also a CB and a Bushtec hitch. He won't get the full value out of those items but they shouldn't be glossed over either. The other add-ons are cheaper - not as significant. Just a quick add in my head says the add-ons are easily over $1,200. But I'd say all of it together would be worth $500-$700 on top of book value.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
spine60 said:
Here is a link to a current ebay add for a brand new 2007 wing with premium sound for $16,599.
Equip it equally to the OP's 2006 by adding a CB, a Bushtec hitch, Utopia, etc and it's up to over $18,000. So I'd say a Wing that is 8 months old is worth a little over $16,000 - that's about 10% depreciation. That's also assuming a buyer would want the same add-ons too.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
14,500 to sell it pretty quick.
15000 if you give it time and find the right party.
15,500 if you get lucky and it's just what they were looking for.
I think I speak for the members when I extend our best wishes for a fast and satisfying sale. In an effort to assist in any way we can (we are a helpful group :roll: ) we will wave our customary consultants fees. :lol: :lol:
Good luck Russ!
DC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts