GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might appreciate the concept motorcycle and trailer package Andrew Preston of Bushtec built for the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The bike and trailer are on display in the Matrix Paint booth.

Andrew used the 1937 DeLage D8 120S Pourtout Aero Coupe for the concept and excuted all the body work in hand laid fiberglass for both the motorcycle and trailer, as well as scratch building the full chassis and running gear for the motorcycle which is powered by a Yamaha. Enjoy...........

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll bet money that was no weekend project. I owned a 40 Ford and I really like the sloped rear end of both. Congrats on a job well done.

·
Registered
816 Posts
gotta ask

Has it ever seen the road or will it ever?

That is one of the best looking customs I've ever seen. Fantastic.

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
I can't tell you how proud I am that Andrew pulled this off. 8) This is what it looked like July 12th. :shock:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
dang, Thats a sweet ride.

Can we come down there and "play" in the shop for a few months to :D

That looks like it was fun to put together.

Who built the frame, those look like machine welds, or you got one hell-of-a welder

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
John, I see the talant continues in your family line, very nice work by Andrew!!! An old classic style brought up to date with a modern custom look. Is the trailer using a standard or modified Roadstar chassis? How about the bike what are the particulars? Inquiring minds want to know :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
two words:

WOW ........ WOW!

dang good looking. Plenty of long days spent there
:shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now that I can sign on, I wil give some details...
The frame was built by Rolling Thunder without any motor mounts- the welds are really beautiful. TIG welding is truly an artform. Lamont and my team fabbed and installed the motor mounts.
The trailer uses our standard chassis under the all new body style.
The wheel skirts on the trailer are removable and the chassis has been recessed into the underside of the body.
The bike is not currently rideable but will be by Daytona. The rearend will be completely reworked to incorporate working saddlebags with sufficient ground clearance to allow the bike to be ridden. The license plate and taillight will be incorporated into the tail section just like the trailer and the fairing will be reworked to better fit the mechanicals of the front end.
Thank you for the positive responses and feedback. This project could never have been completed without the help of our great Bushtec team and the fine folks at Corbin. Ride safe!
Andrew Preston

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I'm sorry...I just can't get into that style...I'm sure it was alot of work...like I said just not my style...looks too Old School... :?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Man o Man Andrew, I can just see "Tobacco Holler Choppers" on TV any day now.

Excellent Job Andy.

Bulldog

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mike Corbin and Arlen Ness would be impressed... looks like Andrew was influenced by both :yes1:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
You know, I really like my Wings....I have an 01 and a 93. I also have 2 other bikes that are domestic non-touring bikes. I appreciate all kinds of 2 wheeled wonders.

Since I own a Harley, that apparently (in your eyes) makes me some kind of douchbag. This whole viewpoint is interesting.

This was a concept bike....go back and re-read the intro. It was styled after this car:

Honda had this concept bike at one time called the Lion....guess what....it was the basis for the Gold Wing.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
If I had one ounce of the Craftsmanship, design, and ability that Andrew has, I would be very proud.

G-Funk, I have been very positive of your shenanigans on this board. Plain and simple, in my opinion, you have little of value to offer on this board.

I actually think that you are nothing but a poser, pot stirrer and wannabe.

Why can't you just be nice once in awhile or just go away forever?

Bulldog

·
Registered
244 Posts
:roll: :roll: :roll: YEP OK. :roll: :roll: :roll:

So How's those Braves ? LOL

·
Registered
244 Posts
OK bulldog...............Nice bike.

I give my opinion just like you. Everyone is allowed that. Take a deep breath ok. I love to joke a lot. If you follow any of my post you will find I love just about every kind of bike. I go to 16 to 20 bike rallies and shows a year. I can respect any style of bike. I just like bikes in general. Don't be so quick to jump. I've owned about 12 bikes so far and hope to own a lot more.

Are we good now ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts