GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rider on the west coast has gotten Sena to acknowledge they have a problem with using the 30K with mesh intercom and with the Freewire. He has been testing this for months with multiple headsets and multiple versions of firmware with both HD and GoldWing Freewire units. Sena says they are working on the problem but do not know the exact cause nor do they know how long it will take to solve the problem.

I know there are multiple people here on the forum that are happily using their 30Ks with the Freewire, but it appears that many combinations of devices connected do not work reliably.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sena 2.3

Sena just released a 30k update to 2.3. Updates usually fix things.
For the 20s users there is now a Sena unit to allow the 20s to join the mesh.
I just got on chat with support and the support guy claimed that 2.3 has not yet been released.

Sometimes Sena updates fix things and sometimes they break things. One of the things that Sena broke with their updates on the 20S was with multiple connections to the headset, popcorn noise got worse going to V2 I think it was.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2.3 is loaded in our 30ks now. Tech support is weak with Sena, my experience with them is they never saw the issues, reset the unit and report if that doesn't fix it. Getting my units replaced fixed several issues and each firmware release helped in some areas and hurt in other. Their web site does not show the release but the iPhone app does.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I to would like to see what this update is for. Their web site does not list this update in the download section. It seems that Sena is lacking internal communication, much like Scala. Having suffered with Scala units for years I will never return to their products.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

I got word from the guy who has had so much trouble with the Freewire and the 30K that this update does not address that problem. Sena always seems to be pretty quiet about the issues their updates address.

·
Registered
37 Posts
SENA has released their firmware notes for the 2.3 (30K)

v2.3 August 16, 2019
Minor bug fixes with the volume when playing music with earbuds
Minor bug fixes with the volume during an incoming phone call when using an iPhone
Minor bug fixes with the intercom volume on the 30K Utility App during an intercom conversation when Bluetooth Intercom Audio Multitasking feature is enabled
Minor bug fixes with the intercom volume after reconnecting to a headset after a Three-Way Conference Phone Call conversation

https://www.sena.com/product/30k/firmware-history

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Could not resist

I continue to have issues with my 20S headsets, so I went ahead and purchased a pair of 30K headsets. I bought them from a company with a 30 day return policy and frankly I expect they will not work for me but I figured I would risk the shipping charges to give them a try. I need them to connect to the Freewire for bike audio including CB, and my Zumo for GPS directions and phone support. I also want the multitasking intercom to work. If things seem OK with mesh intercom, that is great, but I'll also accept them working with bluetooth intercom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts